Tocchet / Patterson / Barroway Press Conference

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think a "renovation" would be pretty exhaustive and cost as much as a new building. I doubt they'd even keep the front facade and footprint. Might keep the court/rink location the same and build around it. I think it's the most feasible though in spite of the huge hurdles because it's the only partner publicly saying they want to do it. Now it's just fancy and difficult math.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think a "renovation" would be pretty exhaustive and cost as much as a new building. I doubt they'd even keep the front facade and footprint. Might keep the court/rink location the same and build around it. I think it's the most feasible though in spite of the huge hurdles because it's the only partner publicly saying they want to do it. Now it's just fancy and difficult math.

No. There is no land acquisition cost/ demolition and removal cost if renovating. There is minimal underpinning and foundation expense in renovation compared to new construction. In my experience renovation is always less expensive than new construction.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Doesn't have to go up for a vote. Less politically toxic. Not smart dollars-wise but this is a "feelings" issue.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No. There is no land acquisition cost/ demolition and removal cost if renovating. There is minimal underpinning and foundation expense in renovation compared to new construction. In my experience renovation is always less expensive than new construction.

Wasn't there talk years ago about renovating the Sun's stadium for hockey but the result was cost prohibitive? I thought this was done when Colangelo owned the Suns.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Wasn't there talk years ago about renovating the Sun's stadium for hockey but the result was cost prohibitive? I thought this was done when Colangelo owned the Suns.

Yes, but the alternative wasn't a new state of the art arena. The alternative was the Coyotes just living with it or leaving the arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad