Tocchet or Allvin: Who is more deserving?

Tocchet or Allvin: Who is more deserving so far?

• Tocchet for Adams Coach of the year?

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Allvin for Gregory GM of the year?

Votes: 29 58.0%

• Total voters

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
It's really hard to say, everyone has a role to play in the early success so far this season.

I guess some roles by nature sill focus on the vision, planning and organization for the on-icr and office processes. Others are responsible for implementing or executing well.

Front office-
Vision, plan: Rutherford
Execution: Allvin

On-ice-
Vision, plan: Tochett and staff
Execution: Players led by leadership group

Obviously an oversimplification. I guess Rutherford top-down is responsible for steering the change but everyone has their part too.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
They both deserve it equally. They’ve both done a fantastic job, as well as their supporting team around them.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Is there a power struggle happening?

Not playing Kuzmenko, alienating him like Tocchet is will cause Allvin all kinds of trouble.

Kuzmenko is a top six scorer and in my little universe, better than Boeser. Kuzmenko may have some warts but every player does. Kuz's arent as bad as Boeser's.

WATCH THE GAME

How often is Boeser "creating" a play? Carrying the puck through the neutral zone, winning board battles, not goal sucking out of the Dzone first. His stats reveal that easily!

He is going for a Cy Young! Twice as many goals as assists. That is a player dependant on others. Do you know how rare that is? There are 2 assists given out for most goals, with the icetime he gets and the players he plays with he should get 2nd assists out the ying yang. If he isn't that kind of shows how far away from the play he is.

While Kuz's numbers aren't great either, 6G 11A, look at his wingers? Their job, the line, is to NOT be scored on so the game is different for them. Garland at 5 million, has 2G 10A, so why does Kuz keeps getting shuttled farther down the line up to sitting out.
Kuz was actually starting to do it, play like a non scoring grunt.

Tocchet or Allvin.
Behind the scene's I am sure Tocchet just says, "If you don't like it fire me!" Knowing full well the mass media would descend on Rughterford/Allvin like a waterfall.

Allvin/Rutherford are in a pickle, they can't let the tail wag the dog if they do then Tocchet might as well be the President and GM of the team with JR and PA as helpers.

One of Allvin's probable issues will be with agents, notably Zadorov's, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko's and others on the team. Or FA's.

To me, while Tocchet has the gift of the gab and can read a market so they hear what he wants, he is too old school, ridged and has too big an EGO.

Last year Kuzmenko, Pettersson with just about anyone else were the #1 line without question. Now Tocchet will not even play them together, WHY? They worked well for 70 games last year, why isn't Boeser playing on the third line if Tocchet has so much more trust with him?

I think that if Tocchet is trying to get Kuzmenko mad or upset he has no idea how Euro's from depressed enconomies will react. Kuz will do his best to follow instructions that are against his nature and collect the cheque.

Sooner or later Tocchet's true character will be revealed. He has never been a boy scout.

That should be a poll question

Is there a power struggle?

Last edited:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Not playing Kuzmenko, alienating like Tocchet is will cause Allvin all kinds of trouble.

Kuzmenko is a top six scorer and in my little universe, better than Boeser. Kuzmenko may have some warts but every player does. Kuz's arent as bad as Boeser's.
WATCH THE GAME
How often is Boeser "creating" a play? His stats should reveal that easily!
He is going for a Cy Young! Twice as many goals as assists. That is a player dependant on others.
While Kuz's numbers aren't great either look at his wingers? Their job is to NOT be scored on so the game is different for them and that is why Kuz keeps getting shuttled farther down the line up to sitting out.

Tocchet or Allvin. Behind the scene's I am sure Tocchet just says, "If you don't like it fire me!" Knowing full well the mass media would descend on Rughterford/Allvin like a waterfall.

Allvin/Rutherford are in a pickle, they can't let the tail wag the dog if they do then Tocchet might as well be the President and GM of the team with JR and PA as helpers.

One of Allvin's probable issue will be with agents, notably Zadorov's, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko's, others on the team. Or FA's.

To me, while Tocchet has the gift of the gab and can read a market so they hear what he wants, he is too old school, ridged and has too big an EGO.

Last year Kuzmenko, Pettersson with just about anyone else were the #1 line without question. Now Tocchet will not even play them together, WHY? They worked well for 70 games last year, why isn't Boeser playing on the third line if Tocchet has so much more trust with him?

I think that if Tocchet is trying to get Kuzmenko mad or upset he has no idea how Euro's from depressed enconomies will react. Kuz will do his best to follow instructions that are against his nature and collect the cheque.

Sooner or later Tocchet's true character will be revealed. He has never been a boy scout.

Wow

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Allvin is a swede, swedes are quite collaborative is my simple answer. Tocchet maybe not, but he is handpicked by both of them, who had a long history while Tocchet is with the penguins, since the first cup, where he was a good soldier. As long as Rutherford is the spiritual leader, I doubt any "power stuggle" will go out of hand. These types of things happen to struggling teams, when they are winning, I doubt Allvin cares that Kuzmenko gets sat. Benning era is over, these "RIFT!" talk is a thing of the past.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I feel like Rutherford is more deserving. It’s already documented Rutherford was the one that made the hronek deal happen. Alvin is just a puppet. The real master is Rutherford.

i feel like people are giving Alvin most of the credit when Rutherford is the one pulling the strings.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I feel like Rutherford is more deserving. It’s already documented Rutherford was the one that made the hronek deal happen. Alvin is just a puppet. The real master is Rutherford.

i feel like people are giving Alvin most of the credit when Rutherford is the one pulling the strings.
if thats the case, Rutherford is doing a masterful job grooming Allvin lol.

I dont mind who is doing what, Before this season, I may think thats the case logically, but since JR said hes taking a step back, listening to Allvin doing media, the guy is capable, communicates well, and there is no reason to believe he is just sitting there twiddling his thumbs while the 74 year old is calling GMs every day. Rutherford has the vision, he is doing what Gillis wants to do, charting the course, setting up the front office infrastructure, being the Nick Fury and letting Allvin do all the day to day GMing.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

Not playing Kuzmenko, alienating him like Tocchet is will cause Allvin all kinds of trouble.

WATCH THE GAME

How often is Boeser "creating" a play? Carrying the puck through the neutral zone, winning board battles, not goal sucking out of the Dzone first. His stats reveal that easily!

He is going for a Cy Young! Twice as many goals as assists. That is a player dependant on others. Do you know how rare that is? There are 2 assists given out for most goals, with the icetime he gets and the players he plays with he should get 2nd assists out the ying yang. If he isn't that kind of shows how far away from the play he is.

While Kuz's numbers aren't great either, 6G 11A, look at his wingers? Their job, the line, is to NOT be scored on so the game is different for them. Garland at 5 million, has 2G 10A, so why does Kuz keeps getting shuttled farther down the line up to sitting out.

Tocchet or Allvin.
Behind the scene's I am sure Tocchet just says, "If you don't like it fire me!" Knowing full well the mass media would descend on Rughterford/Allvin like a waterfall.

One of Allvin's probable issues will be with agents, notably Zadorov's, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko's and others on the team. Or FA's.

I gotta say, you’ve got one hell of an imagination.
Why would we want a Boy Scout as a coach?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The difference in leadership top to bottom between last season and this is just mind boggling. That is probably the most impressive part for me.

Obviously not for those posters who just ignored the circus last year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Allvin is a swede, swedes are quite collaborative is my simple answer. Tocchet maybe not, but he is handpicked by both of them, who had a long history while Tocchet is with the penguins, since the first cup, where he was a good soldier. As long as Rutherford is the spiritual leader, I doubt any "power stuggle" will go out of hand. These types of things happen to struggling teams, when they are winning, I doubt Allvin cares that Kuzmenko gets sat. Benning era is over, these "RIFT!" talk is a thing of the past.

It's a bit of a catch 22. You definitely want the GM and HC to be communicating. On the one had you want the GM to acquire players who will fit into the HC's system, on the other hand, only acquiring players that the HC wants/likes usually produces bad results.

There was never a rift between Benning and his HC. If anything, I think Benning listened to his HC way too much.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's a bit of a catch 22. You definitely want the GM and HC to be communicating. On the one had you want the GM to acquire players who will fit into the HC's system, on the other hand, only acquiring players that the HC wants/likes usually produces bad results.

There was never a rift between Benning and his HC. If anything, I think Benning listened to his HC way too much.
reallytho.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad