To trade or not to trade

Should our GM lay off on the trades and give the team a chance to play or keep shaking things up

• Total voters

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We have three years of Kessel andall of our guys are coming off their ELC's with nothing in the system. So our "window", pathetic as it is, is three years.

We still have an obvious, glaring hole at forward. We need to add someone or we're wasting 1/3 the "window" of our relevancy. So we need to add a free agent which will require a trade, or we can make a trade for a forward without moving a top-nine forward. But sitting on our hands right now should not be an option.

Chayka painted himself into a corner. There is nothing coming to save us with patience. The cupboard is bare. We'll be drafting teens or later in the foreseeable future. The rebuild is over. I

So go do it, and cross your fingers -- or blow it up, and start rebuild 3.0.

If we're doing rebuild 3.0, I hope to God we wait until the new management gets here in January or February.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Unless we're getting a slam dunk 1st overall Hughes/McDavid/Eichel type player can't miss, then I sincerely hope we aren't gonna rebuild. We have some young players, for now, that will hopefully improve. Outside of Kessel and possibly Hammer/Goligoski we have a bunch of guys that'll be able to stick around another 4-5 years, and a few that could stick around a lot more than that.

Even if we did blow it up there are maybe 2 players on our roster who actually fetch a good return.

We've committed to this path, we need to stick to it. And hopefully, our owner is able to attract some names in FA cause that's about the only way I see us getting a hell of a lot better, especially since Chayka is prone to failed experiment after experiment.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Chayka won't ever admit defeat and rebuild willingly. Fear not on that account.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I want MoJo or Dzingel. We should trade Hossa to Ottawa for Condon with retention. Then trade Condon with retention for a minor leaguer. Then we should sign MoJo or Dzingel.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I think it's more then that. He has to pan out basically in full.

Well either that or Schmaltz surprises everyone and becomes a plus 5 on 5 center.

I'd bet more heavily on Hayton.

Schmaltz is really the one who needs to pan out here... with that solid contract.

Here is for hoping.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m very pleased to have a guy in Kessel who can gain the zone with possession and create chances. Then have a second guy, on a different line, who can do the same, in Schmaltz. Having a guy in Soderberg who can screen on the PP is awesome too. Would like to pick up Boyle so we have a 2nd. These elements were completely and totally absent from our roster last season. To pick up first and second waves of both would be awesome.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schmaltz is really the one who needs to pan out here... with that solid contract.

Here is for hoping.
They both do. You can't have top picks not working out. We lost Strome and Perlini for Schmaltz. Schmaltz and Hayton have to play like top 5 OA players. Edmonton lost Hall, Yak was a bust, Pool Party could also and RNH has not put us points like a 1OA pick and look at them, and they were basically given the best player in hockey. You really have to hit it out of the park with these players or you are screwed for years.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad