To trade or not to trade

Should our GM lay off on the trades and give the team a chance to play or keep shaking things up

• Total voters

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I want one more forward, if the price is right.

If that's Johansson, Dzingel or Ferland, do we have to make a trade to accommodate the signing? Either Hossa plus picks for nothing or Goligoski for picks? I don't know.

If it's Boyle, then we can probably just LTIR Hossa and forget about trades.

If the FAs don't work out, there are quite a few forwards I'd look at via trade. I only want one. But again, we might have to make a secondary trade to accommodate.

Names that have come up recently that I like are Gourde, Zucker, Bonino, and Pageau.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I probably wouldn't blow up the mix mid-camp unless the deal was really good but it's still July. Trade away.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
What's happening with Puljujärvi? Not that I'm interested in him coming here but he asked Edmonton for a trade or he's going to play in Europe.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I want one more middle six forward added. Not an upgrade trade like the Kessel one. I'd prefer free agency. If it's a trade I don't want to give up much. I think the only trade I'd want is one where we're taking advantage of another teams cap problems and buying low. I think Fischer is the asset is dangle most, see if a team still sees him developing into a 40-50 point guy and will give us their paid for 40-50 point player for him.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Good point but we are so close to being the team that needs cap space. Weird to type this but its true. To move Hossa like contracts would cost us a high pick. Like the moves we made last year and if Domi is now Kessel thats a great improvement too.

We need to run some constant lines and see what truly gels. If we make another trade let be in November when a team really needs a goalie :)

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
We can LTIR Hossa, which gives us enough room to responsibly fill our middle 6 forward hole. If somehow a first line player becomes available I think we'd find someone to take Goose for 3rd or more.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
At this point I'd roll with Fischer vs trading him and another asset for a slight upgrade. 15 goals his first full season, regressed to 11 last year but he's only 22. He can skate, has size and a decent shot. Here's hoping he can put together a solid season and become a regular 20 goal, 40 point guy.

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What's happening with Puljujärvi? Not that I'm interested in him coming here but he asked Edmonton for a trade or he's going to play in Europe.

Seems Holland is perfectly content with him going home. Oilers would retain his rights and he’d potentially improve his trade value playing at home.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Still hoping for a ufa signing (Ferland). Roster has had a lot of turnover. Need to let the team play together healthy for half a season to see what they are capable of.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Hoffman stays. I think he was only getting moved had the Panthers brought in Panarin. Their cap is tight right now but they should be able to fit in everything.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
A little surprised on a 2 to 1 vote to keep the trades coming. Thanks to all that voted

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What exactly do we have to trade outside of Fischer, Merkley, and picks? These pieces aren't exactly inspiring.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
No more trades. There are a few FAs still available that would make us a better team and not break the bank. I realize that doesn't mean we will get them, but I'd prefer that over moving more players unless we are just dumping them to get rid of some money, but that isn't likely.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
What exactly do we have to trade outside of Fischer, Merkley, and picks? These pieces aren't exactly inspiring.
My thoughts exactly. Hope we hit a lot of home runs this draft cause the cupboard is getting pretty empty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad