To sit or not to sit??

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Sit everyone.

A big advantage for us that we aren't using.

Fatigue = injuries and losses.
You could argue that our player deployment this year (our highest Forward (Matthews) has had 18:17 TOI/G this season) already counters the fatigue that could be setting in this time of year.

While I would be fine with bringing up a Marlie or two for a cup of tea before next season, I'd like to see us gearing up for the Playoffs.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Clinch playoffs first, and then worry about resting Andersen and Hainsey.

The rest of them, you dress and play and let them get confidence heading into the playoffs, but you limit their ice-time.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Marleau is on a 700 game ironman streak. Youre not getting him to sit

he could have a five game streak, no one wants to sit this close to playoffs.
babcock plays all his guys minimally compared to most players in the league.
matthews missed 20 games.

they are rested.
this isn't like basketball where they totally bench players.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Sit Hainsey for a few, he's probably the most battle scarred due to his usage.

Everyone else can play, Rielly is still young and it's not like he's clipping in some awful minutes and get Andersen the record and then sit him.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I would rest Matthews, Anderson, Marner, Nylander all our top guys and give our rookies like Korshkov, Brooks, Liljegren etc a chance to just whet their appetite for whats coming soon.
Hell, rest the whole team and sub in the Marlies at this point it’s all a matter of preparing and staying healthy, sharp and focused on the first round. Do like Lebron

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I would rest Matthews, Anderson, Marner, Nylander all our top guys and give our rookies like Korshkov, Brooks, Liljegren etc a chance to just whet their appetite for whats coming soon.
Hell, rest the whole team and sub in the Marlies at this point it’s all a matter of preparing and staying healthy, sharp and focused on the first round. Do like Lebron
The only forward needs to sit is Hyman :popcorn:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd only give Andersen 1 more game after tonight. Game on the 7th is very unlikely to mean anything, so give him the 5th vs the devils to get him prepped for likely game 1 on the 12th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad