Post-Game Talk: To play or not to play: that is the question

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Please win guys,

Kings Fans

Don't count on it. The Caps have literally nothing to play for. Ovi got his 50 goals, Holtby tied Brodeur's record and the first round matchup has already been determined.

We will probably see the Caps' B team tonight, with the likes of Ovi, Holtby and maybe one other star sitting out.

By the way, this will be Justin Williams' 1000th game in the NHL :handclap:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
IMO Sill called up means Beagle is injured, and regardless its a good time to get depth guys reps in case they are needed later down Loff Ln.

I think its best to go with the A team, and not let our goalies get shelled, and end the season on a bad note. Treat it as a regular game, roll Holts, and just limit the TOI of anyone that warrants it.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
im doing the numbers to see if i can afford to fly from Germany to Washington to see game 1 and 2.....

If it was Friday/Sunday games.

1200 USD for return flight
300 USD for tickets to game 1&2
470 USD for AirBNB
400 USD spending money

2300+ USD.....

argghhhhh I dunno if i can afford it but want to so bad.
Anything im missing?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
im doing the numbers to see if i can afford to fly from Germany to Washington to see game 1 and 2.....

If it was Friday/Sunday games.

1200 USD for return flight
300 USD for tickets to game 1&2
470 USD for AirBNB
400 USD spending money

2300+ USD.....

argghhhhh I dunno if i can afford it but want to so bad.
Anything im missing?

depends on where you want to sit but you might be able to get better prices on tickets if you wait until the days are announced, right now its price gouging.

where you going to stay?

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I was just looking on airBNB for something close to Verizon.
Minimalist.
Just like us.

This is a super super hard decision. It puts pressure on me when i get back here to get an apartment and job sorted pretty quick!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Even with Sill recalled, they don't have enough forwards to rest all of Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, and Beagle. Darn.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Unless their injured, let them play. Fully expect both teams to go out there and not be battling their tails off so no real point to sit out. Let them have the free beer league practice.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Even with Sill recalled, they don't have enough forwards to rest all of Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, and Beagle. Darn.

Here is the lineup I would roll out if I were Trotz

Ovechkin-Johansson-Oshie
Burakovsky-Kuznetsov-Williams
Chimera-Richards-Wilson
Sill-Latta-Galiev

Orpik-Orlov
Alzner-Schmidt
Weber-Chorney

Grubauer

It gives rest to Beagle, Backstrom, Carlson, Niskanen and Holtby. I'm fairly confident nothing will happen to Ovi, Russian Machine Never Breaks.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Would anyone be mad if they mix up the lines and reward some guys? Like Latta playing with ovechkin or chimera with kuznetsov? Or keep the lines relatively the same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad