Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Oh no we got an internet tough guy here :laugh: something tells me you wouldn’t say this to his face.

Keyboard warriors are the best

The Sportsnet panel thought it was nothing. Matt Martin said he didn't even feel it. The NHL said one game. The hfboards posters pissing their pants over this are the only keyboard warriors involved in this event.

teleman

Dec 26, 2006
I hope he reins it in just a bit. Just enough to not cross the line but to be an excellent agitator.
It's always fun to have agitators to hate on the opposition and enjoy on your own team.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
I like Tkachuk. He's just a bit immature and it shows on ice and in interviews. He will take a savage beating one of these days if he keeps this schtick up.

Reactions: Fixxer

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is a lot to do about nothing. A token slap on the wrist by the NHL. Again for people that grew up watching hockey in the 70's or 80's. This wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. Hockey is an emotional sport. I love players like Tkachuk. When you take emotion out of hockey, it is simply not hockey anymore. You may as well follow chess on ice.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Flames fans are really looking unbiased in this thread, I see!

We watch the games, you guys watch the highlights. I think the people people shitting on his play style and aggressive tendencies are forgetting the fact that he's a teenager and needs to make a name for himself in a league of grown men. He's still a kid, and to be able to put up great numbers while being an absolute force in the league is almost impossible, but he's doing it.

Anyone calling Tkatchuk out for being boneheaded, or a player who's sole intention is to hurt people need to reevaluate this situation and just simply watch him play.

I bet less than 1% of posters replying in this thread (other than Flames fans) watched this incident and the one with Witowksi during actual game time.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
We watch the games, you guys watch the highlights. I think the people people ****ting on his play style and aggressive tendencies are forgetting the fact that he's a teenager and needs to make a name for himself in a league of grown men. He's still a kid, and to be able to put up great numbers while being an absolute force in the league is almost impossible, but he's doing it.

Anyone calling Tkatchuk out for being boneheaded, or a player who's sole intention is to hurt people need to reevaluate this situation and just simply watch him play.

I bet less than 1% of posters replying in this thread (other than Flames fans) watched this incident and the one with Witowksi during actual game time.

I think most of us on this board have the ability to watch other games around the league. We watch more than "highlights" of your team. Tkachuk seems to want to make a name for himself other than what his dad has done and not in a good way.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Sportsnet panel thought it was nothing. Matt Martin said he didn't even feel it. The NHL said one game. The hfboards posters pissing their pants over this are the only keyboard warriors involved in this event.
Nobody here cared either(Toronto). I mean, considering he's used his stick before, you have to give him a game IMO but the event wasn't a big deal. I like Tkachuk, we have one of his type in Kadri. Like Kadri it's going to take him a few years to learn how to not cross the line. Whenever he figures that part out you've got yourself an elite pest. The worst kind to play against.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
We watch the games, you guys watch the highlights. I think the people people ****ting on his play style and aggressive tendencies are forgetting the fact that he's a teenager and needs to make a name for himself in a league of grown men. He's still a kid, and to be able to put up great numbers while being an absolute force in the league is almost impossible, but he's doing it.

With multiple suspensions in such a short time in the league he certainly isn’t doing his reputation any favours. Next time he does sometime stupid DPS may not be so kind as a repeat offender

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Tkachuk is old school. Remember when every team in the league had 1 or 2 of his types?

PS. To all of you haters. If he was traded to your team today you'd be doing cartwheels.

Ya....then the league changed the rules to eliminate goons.

The sad thing is, the kid is very talented....he just does some stupid stuff.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I like Tkachuk. He's just a bit immature and it shows on ice and in interviews. He will take a savage beating one of these days if he keeps this schtick up.

He may be immature on the ice, but off the ice he is anything but. Off the ice he is as professional and well spoken as the best of them.

I find the "I wouldn't take him on my team" comments quite amusing. There is no GM in the league who doesn't want Tkachuk on their team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

You don't need to watch any player play to determine if a play is suspend-able or not, that is silly to suggest. Also, I have seen him play full games vs the Wings, and he does a lot of boneheaded things, and that is not about making a name for himself, and if it is, who wants to be known as an idiot? Honest question? If he wants to make a name for himself, and play with an edge, great, no need to do rat like things to others. He does similar crap that Corey Perry and Brad Marchand do between the plays when the refs are paying less attention. He is far from the only one, however he does it more than most and many fans don't respect that from players regardless of talent level. Tkachuk, Perry, Marchand, etc, are quite talented, but I don't respect the way they play the game, and are the kinds of players I don't want on the Wings, regardless of skill level. Same reason I didn't like when guys like Derian Hatcher, Ulf Samuellsson, Brad May and others played for the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad