Tkachuk and Giordano headed to ASG

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Gaudreau over Monahan or Lindholm for Last Man Voting is bullshit. Not that Flames fans could get enough votes in for another Flame to get in, but Monahan and Lindholm have been way better this year than Gaudreau has.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Undeserved for Gio. Can we just build around Tkachuk and Lindholm already and stop the dog and pony show? Trade Gio off for assets at the deadline. Get whatever you can for Gaudrea/Monahan. Let Hamonic walk. Sign Brodie. Hope Valimaki comes back with a purpose.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nobody deserves it base on their play this year.

But I guess you get to go for past accomplishment or a token rep.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Nobody deserves it base on their play this year.

But I guess you get to go for past accomplishment or a token rep.

Chucky is the third best LW in the west behind Patches and Perron so he can be mentioned. That and Chucky is more than just pretty plays... The fight between him and Doughty at center 1 minute in could be hilarious. WHat happens when team-mates fight ... hmm

With Gio they are righting the wrong from last year.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Gaudreau over Monahan or Lindholm for Last Man Voting is bull****. Not that Flames fans could get enough votes in for another Flame to get in, but Monahan and Lindholm have been way better this year than Gaudreau has.
Gaudreau is American, and a "star" player. Fans paying for ASG tickets don't want to see Lindholm over Gaudreau, its really as simple as that unfortunately

Reactions: Tofveve

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If only Doughty got selected, it would've been hilarious to see him try to avoid being on the same team as Chucky.

I would have loved to see Doughty and Tkachuk screw around with a fake rivalry WWE (Western warfare Entertainment) style or something. Doughty and Tkachuk pretend to be friends, and then Tkachuk goes back to his instincts and beats Doughty to the ice with a goalie blocker reinforced doughtnut box in the middle of the third period or something.

Goalies that let in softies start chasing goal scorers around with soft serve ice cream or something...

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I really hope Gaudreau doesn't make it and this gets him back to playing where he's capable of.

JK this is clearly his 200 IQ plan to miss the ASG without getting suspended, in order to get more rest days and win the art ross by averaging almost 3 points per game for the rest of the year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Undeserved for Gio. Can we just build around Tkachuk and Lindholm already and stop the dog and pony show? Trade Gio off for assets at the deadline. Get whatever you can for Gaudrea/Monahan. Let Hamonic walk. Sign Brodie. Hope Valimaki comes back with a purpose.
We probably will make it cause the Pacific sucks.
But reality is the team is not a contender. What we really need is lafrenier and trade Gio for a lump sum to a contender. He is a good guy but can't do it anymore.
Johnny can go too if the return is good.
I am ok with keeping Monahan if we can get a playmaker for him.
Hamonic can leave anytime and I'd volunteer to drive him to the airport for free.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Watch the team still miss. I wouldn’t be surprised. Coaching staff hasn’t adjusted whatsoever besides the initial line shifts. Rolls 4 lines constantly and prays... reminds me of another coach we had.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It keeps feeling like we're on the cusp of exploding and then it doesn't happen. A couple of roster moves, trimming the fat and tweaking the lines/pairings a bit and we'll hopefully be on our way.

Team still has 40 games to wake up

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Watch the team still miss. I wouldn’t be surprised. Coaching staff hasn’t adjusted whatsoever besides the initial line shifts. Rolls 4 lines constantly and prays... reminds me of another coach we had.

I dunno man, I'd say coaching can make changes, but Ward isn't the type of guy who wants to overload the team. The dude has been a teacher after all. He's managing a shift in mentality in small bite sized chunks after a surprise shuffling into the HC role. If he forces the team to shift too quickly, then the whole thing craters quickly. This is often why many times some fans say they want to see the coach manage a pre-season so that the players can really dedicate themselves to figure out the coaches system and then ease into figuring it out with the easier early season games.

I feel like the line juggling thing is the biggest change Ward wants to make right now without completely screwing with the system in place. It also keeps the players on their toes rather than allow them to get comfortable in a specific spot, then just go through the motions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad