TJ Oshie started a company and it sells next level neck and wrist protection

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I saw this on 32 thoughts and did some digging, thought it was pretty cool and deserves a thread. The gear is priced reasonably and it doesn't look like Oshie's marking this stuff up at all, he's pretty clearly doing this to improve the safety of the game rather than to make money. Obviously those of us in business know you can do both, that said Oshie's prioritizing positive impact rather than the bottom line, as a small biz owner I personally find this inspiring and very cool.

Unfortunately the gear is currently sold out which is not great, but at the same time am very happy it seems like we're trending in the right direction.

For those reading this who are currently playing rec hockey (hopefully that is quite a few of us), would absolutely recommend buying something like this at the first available opportunity -- we all know it's not worth the risk to continue being unprotected. Better to be safe than to be a footnote in Darwin's theory of evolution.

Relevant 32 thoughts column:

Oshie's company, it's called Warroad:

I'm a Zona fan, but clearly some things transcend the teams we cheer for. Thx to TJ Oshie and his team for spending multiple years of their lives in order to set up a company like this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad