TJ Brodie is a very underrated defenseman

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Eh I don't think anyone underrates him just because he isn't talked about as much as the Flames fan population is much lower on average for a Canadian team as the fanbase is spilt up amongst multiple websites. Players get the assumption as overrated or underrated usually based on how active people are talking about them which usually correlates to how successful the team is or how big the fanbase is.

I think he is a low end #1 top tier #2 and most will have them in high end # 2 category.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
One of the last players I would consider under rated. Gets plenty of love from fan bases around the league.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
He did fine dragging Engelland's around during the playoff run 3 seasons ago. But also props to Eggs for stepping up. I don't think those things affect Brodie as you say it does. I also don't think Brodie is underrated.

New system and his fiance diagnosed with MS likely has to do with his play this season. Hamonic also probably fell this season due to off ice distractions. Oddly, those two guys should be able to support one another through tough times. I think they will be able to forge a fantastic synergy together no other pairings will be able to match. Here is hoping this synergy also translates into performance on ice.

If the Flames it deep and Brodie and Hamonic are the best pairing and stay with each other for the entire season I really hope both get nominated for Masterton. But unfortunately that might not happen. I honestly don't even know who to nominate more if that's the case. But just because from what I know Hamonic has lost and been hurt more, Hamonic gets the nod.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
If anything he's overrated with all the obsession and talk of his play. He's great, but not underrated at all. Summer threads are upon us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad