Online Series: Titans season 3

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
any word on how to watch this in Canada?
Not sure, only thing I found was this

When will Titans be on Netflix internationally?

For now, we’re expecting any region that is currently streaming seasons one and two to receive the third season sometime after season three wraps. But, don’t expect weekly episode drops.
Previous seasons have arrived on Netflix every January, but that’s when the series has kept to a fall release schedule.
Instead, many are currently predicting (based on production only getting underway in October 2020) that it may not be until August 2021 based on production currently scheduled to end in June 2021.
That’d mean that season three would release on Netflix internationally in Q3-Q4 of 2021. Again, this is just broad speculation without a release date. However, we’d expect it to arrive 1-2 months after season three finishes airing on HBO Max.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I used said ‘method’ to watch the first two episodes yesterday.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the Titans on the small screen, although I usually watch this show with lowered expectations.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I just finished the 3rd episode I do not know what to think.

They are doing a classic storyline from the comics... but changing so many things.

I do not hate it and I am intrigued, but I am not sure I like it.

I'll guess we'll see.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I just finished the 3rd episode I do not know what to think.

They are doing a classic storyline from the comics... but changing so many things.

I do not hate it and I am intrigued, but I am not sure I like it.

I'll guess we'll see.

I'm not that familiar with the story, I haven't watched the animated Under The Red Hood yet, so I'm not sure if it's the same story as in comics but I'm reading some worrying comments about the changes among the more positive feelings toward season 3.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
It's not the same universe. They've really made Wayne look like a bitch this and last season though it's annoying. Batman is the most prepared person in the DC universe but you wouldn't know it from this show.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's not the same universe. They've really made Wayne look like a bitch this and last season though it's annoying. Batman is the most prepared person in the DC universe but you wouldn't know it from this show.

Iain Glen is a good actor but he's a bit miscast and been given terrible material considering the character.

By the way, Hank/Hawk has to be the dumbest superhero I've seen. I hope they don't resurrect him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The big one being that the Joker has been "killed" I guess?

No. How quickly Jason became the Red Hood. As Youtuber Omnimedia pointed out, it looked like there had been like one week between his "death". When did he have time to get military training etc.? Biggest complaints have been about how Batman/Bruce has been written.

They just jumped right into the Red Hood stuff without even letting things breathe and it’s very clear where they are going in terms of reimagining the origin for the character. I guess I can appreciate them trying to do something different, but I can’t really do that when they’ve completely telegraphed it to the audience.

It also just feels too soon. You can still have the same opening scene, but let this play out for a few episodes, even do a time skip just to let the situation breathe a little. Almost feels like the show runners are like “we have to cram as much popular DC lore into a season as we can” as if the show is on the verge of getting cancelled or something.

I think it's cheap and weak to just have Jason be a villain now, with whatever nonsense justification, or just lightswitch they may give.

So Jason gets beaten by the Joker with one surprise hit from the back and yet manages to outsmart the whole Titans?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I gotta say I was rather disappointed by the Tim Drake "scene". I guess we will see him later and I am pretty sure he will be instrumental in bringing Batman back, but that scene was weird and completely went away from the original Tim Drake. He is supposed to be a rich kid from the same social class as Bruce. I do not mind that change too much though.

Oh and Bruce scouting for potential Robins was weird as well. When Jason was killed in the comics, he did not want another Robin and grew reckless. He did not recover until after he got his ass kicked by Bane. It is not a Batman show, so I do not expect Batman to have much of an arc, but still.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently episode 5 will be the backstory on what happened with Jason. I'm guessing Donna will be brought back to life by Raven/Rachel after that (the trailers already confirmed she's back).

Kartheiser won't be back for season 4 so I guess Scarecrow is the main villain for this season and be killed by Jason at the end.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'm one of the biggest Batman universe fans out there, and particularly a Red Hood fan, but I can't watch this show. The cursing, some of the casting and costumes, the strong deviations from the far superior source material. If I didn't have an encyclopedic vault of Batman trivia upstairs, I might be able to enjoy it, but it honestly physically repels me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm one of the biggest Batman universe fans out there, and particularly a Red Hood fan, but I can't watch this show. The cursing, some of the casting and costumes, the strong deviations from the far superior source material. If I didn't have an encyclopedic vault of Batman trivia upstairs, I might be able to enjoy it, but it honestly physically repels me.

I don't have a problem cursing per se but I don't think I have read any comments from viewers that think they're fine with the swearing. Which really makes me question, why are they doing it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don't have a problem cursing per se but I don't think I have read any comments that think they're fine with the swearing. Which really makes me question, why are they doing it?

It's not that I have a problem with cursing; it's just out of place and uncharacteristic. I think they wanted to show that these are pissed off young people and that it would be edgy/relatable and differentiate them from the other superhero shows out there, but it's just kind of cringey. Arrow is a better Batman show than any Batman show they've made so far, even though that's only because they play Ollie's similarities to Bruce over the top.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Finished that and don't really know what to think of it. It's almost edgy, but fails with neverending surge of kitsch, it's trying to be adult in the worst ways possible (that naked lady in a superhero show felt so dumb - and you all know I don't mind nudity in my entertainment), and it's aesthetically tacky and so very made-for-TV... I'm pretty sure I still like it better than the other recent DC series I've tried (I say recent because my younger self won't let me say anything against that old The Flash series), none of them I could keep watching 'til the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad