NFL: Titans fire Mike Vrabel

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
F that , we don't need to log jam the East with another capable team , let NE suffer
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Pats down and out as long as possible! :laugh: I just feel bad for Vrabel because I like him as a coach (his Titans are the real reason my Fins will be playing in sub-zero temps Saturday) & objectively I think the Pats are the best fit for him.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Pats down and out as long as possible! :laugh: I just feel bad for Vrabel because I like him as a coach (his Titans are the real reason my Fins will be playing in sub-zero temps Saturday) & objectively I think the Pats are the best fit for him.
As long as we are in agreement , coach V did well with Tannehill and the talent he's had.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
IMHO, Vrabel works best with veteran teams. He did great taking over a team and getting them further in the playoffs but with the roster turnover started, he didn't do as well. He's not good at developing talent. We've had more players leave and do better elsewhere than we've had develop under him.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Dont get Vrabel hype to be honest

Had a surprise run to AFC Championship followed by disappointing playoff losses the next 2 years including losing as #1 seed in Division round

Since then, entire team has declined and his coaching at times has been questionable

The team declined because his GM traded away AJ Brown for nothing and stuck him with an aging Ryan Tannehill at QB.

Reactions: Voight
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I think that's fantastic for Vrabel, he gets set free from a team that did not seem remotely committed to winning. They had a really good team being built, and instead of adding and trying to push it over the top the owner made the call to start selling and taking secondary options.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Bill Cowher didn't win the SB till year 14
Won the AFC Championship in 1995

The team declined because his GM traded away AJ Brown for nothing and stuck him with an aging Ryan Tannehill at QB.
The team declined because the offensive line sucked. Vrabel was good at taking a team with Vets a bit further. He won 2 playoff games in his first year and was 0-3 after

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
If Vrabel doesn't land another NFL job this year, the pressure amongst OSU fans towards Ryan Day will reach a boiling point.

This is the guy who many of their fans want to be their coach. Of course, I nor they have any idea if he even wants to coach collegiate ball.

Vrabel is not well liked by Ohio State admins.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dont get Vrabel hype to be honest

Had a surprise run to AFC Championship followed by disappointing playoff losses the next 2 years including losing as #1 seed in Division round

Since then, entire team has declined and his coaching at times has been questionable

Its not his fault his GM traded one of the best receivers in the NFL for a bag of magic beans and rode the Tannehill train until it came off the tracks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad