NFL: Titans fire Mike Vrabel

Sep 19, 2008
Good grief. Just letting a top 10 coach go for nothing.
this is why i keep saying that belichick isn't going to be fired

kraft would be stupid to let someone of his caliber hit the open market. they're going to try to extort draft picks out of interested parties.

if you want him youse gon have to pay up

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If Vrabel doesn't land another NFL job this year, the pressure amongst OSU fans towards Ryan Day will reach a boiling point.

This is the guy who many of their fans want to be their coach. Of course, I nor they have any idea if he even wants to coach collegiate ball.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Vrabel doesn't land another NFL job this year, the pressure amongst OSU fans towards Ryan Day will reach a boiling point.

This is the guy who many of their fans want to be their coach. Of course, I nor they have any idea if he even wants to coach collegiate ball.
Michigan went through this - twice - with Harbaugh, wanting to bring home the Michigan Man, now that Ohio State has seen that happen and winning the National Title, they will want that to be the way.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
good replacement for Belichick
I wouldn't spend too much time allowing him to interview and talk to other teams if I was NE and wanted him. He may get an offer while they are trying to get something for BB. Vrabel is out there for free, so if you want him schedule the interview.

Michigan went through this - twice - with Harbaugh, wanting to bring home the Michigan Man, now that Ohio State has seen that happen and winning the National Title, they will want that to be the way.
Vrabel, I think stays in the NFL. College now is a lot more than just coaching and recruiting with the portal and NIL. Think he'd rather stay in the NFL vs go to OSU.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
those 20 and 21 titans teams really underachieved considering the talent they had. outside of the 19 AFCCG run, his tenure there was pretty disappointing

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Before NIL, I would have never figured an established NFL coach to go to college, but with NIL it's basically like the NFL. He can go get who he wants.

I do think he stays in the NFL.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
My philosophy on coaches is that you always KNOW when you have a bad one…in which case go ahead and fire them and try another one. Vrabel is not a bad one. He’s a good one. QB matters so much more than anything else that I wouldn’t fire a good coach because you didn’t give him one.

Unless the goal is to tank for a QB and you think your coach will win too many to get you all the way there. Then I guess I get it. But firing Vrabel has to be followed by gutting the team to finish dead last or your just doing something to do something.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Respect to him for making his last action be eliminating the Jags and letting me watch the Bills game without much stress :laugh:
He also saw his team come back down two scores in the final few minutes to the Dolphins a few weeks earlier. That incredible upset comeback doesn’t happen…the Dolphins win the division.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God the Titans are so f***ing dumb.

Sure they finished back to back seasons under 500 but last year they got hammered by injuries and this year was basically them accepting their run was over. Dude was given less than nothing to work with at QB after Tannehill washed out.

"Here's Malik Willis and a 1st round pick who would rather be a rapper. Also I traded AJ brown for peanuts. Try to win the division, If not it's your ass bye!"

He won't be out of work long.

Reactions: Voight and DaaaaB's

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
God the Titans are so f***ing dumb.

Sure they finished back to back seasons under 500 but last year they got hammered by injuries and this year was basically them accepting their run was over. Dude was given less than nothing to work with at QB after Tannehill washed out.

"Here's Malik Willis and a 1st round pick who would rather be a rapper. Also I traded AJ brown for peanuts. Try to win the division, If not it's your ass bye!"

He won't be out of work long.

Good thing Vrabel is not from the Belicheck/New England coaching tree, he's free clear of that mess and no stigma.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Zero chance Vrabel goes back to OSU either this season or any other - he is a proven quality NFL coach who will land on his feet this off-season with another team. On top of that, he apparently hates recruiting and would prefer to focus on coaching.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Respect the Titans for at least letting him go and not playing games with trying to extra compensation for him. He's been a good coach for them. If he's not their guy anymore, let him move on.

Saints, they wanted Payton return. He took the year off and didn't return. Saints would have told Allen to leave if Payton was ready to return to the saints after a year off.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dont get Vrabel hype to be honest

Had a surprise run to AFC Championship followed by disappointing playoff losses the next 2 years including losing as #1 seed in Division round

Since then, entire team has declined and his coaching at times has been questionable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad