Blue Jays Discussion: 'Tis the season ... MVP SEASON

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Still waiting for that legit 1/2 starter

I'm sure they'll acquire a stud pitcher somehow! They don't have one on the team and NEED one to win the World Series...

573186.jpg

Oh, uh... that's awkward. You guys weren't supposed to see that...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ouch.

Happ was complete ass in Seattle, only really turned it around once he got to Pittsburgh (and their pitching coach is pretty awesome). He was pretty damn inconsistent here.

Not the biggest fan (unless Dickey is traded), but if Happ's 2nd half was for real, I'll be real happy (no pun intended).

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
So unless we are dealing Dickey, seems like we are out on Price.

Happ's numbers last season were encouraging... But boy, the risk is real we could be paying 12M for a reliever

Worst case, he is a 4 who can eat innings. The hope of the management is probably that one of Estrada or Happ can put up the numbers they did last year and become a very good #2 for us.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Worst case, he is a 4 who can eat innings. The hope of the management is probably that one of Estrada or Happ can put up the numbers they did last year and become a very good #2 for us.

Worst case he's a #4? He didn't even make the roster over a rookie last year.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

he wasn't here last year

edit: you meant 2014, I was thinking 2015. 2 years a big difference makes. He was dynamite in Pittsburgh, we'll have to wait and see of course.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario

And before that? He had a rough stretch last year, but he has proven to be able to get outs and put up innings. This team has the best offence in the league, even if he falls back to his career averages he can still provide the team with enough to win. I believe what we saw at the end of last year is what he really is though.

On another note, where was Marco Estrada last year? :popcorn:

yoplait

May 4, 2011
I guess we needed a lefty... But that seems like a lot for Happ. Hopefully we can trade a righty and sign Price. Far-fetched, but here's to hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad