News Article: Tinordi shoots to make the Canadiens

PricePkPatch*

You probably mean "shoot FOR" or "AIM to" make the team :p

I am not surprised. In fact, I'd be damned disappointed if he doesn't start the season with us.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Tinordi's essential for next season. He's the only bit of toughness and grit along with Subban, until Emelin comes back at least.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
If Emelin is only expected by Christmas Tinordi better start the season or we'll have the softest D in the roughest division.

68*

His neck is looking thick (no homo). Probably added some pounds to his frame which is good.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tinordi has a spot in the top 6 easily. It is truly his to lose. I think the call up and playoff experience will do wonders for him heading into this season. No way he is not in the starting lineup

Dada

May 12, 2012
I hope he's ready to replace Emelin... and then be sent back to Hamilton for one last year, what's the hurry after all?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think he's gonna be the glue of the defence for us (other than Subban of course). He won't put up many points this year i think, but I feel he'll surprise us with how much he'll change the flow of his game (not just from his physical element, but the combonation of mobility and reach.)

I think he's going to become a fan favourite.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
I think he's gonna be the glue of the defence for us (other than Subban of course). He won't put up many points this year i think, but I feel he'll surprise us with how much he'll change the flow of his game (not just from his physical element, but the combonation of mobility and reach.)

I think he's going to become a fan favourite.

yeah....in 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong, Tinordi is a solid prospect but he definitely was terrible at adjusting to the speed of the NHL. He had a huge gap between him and the opposite forward and even his long reach couldn't bail him out. A guy like him will probably become a steady and safe D in the NHL after 3 full seasons.

Like I said, has the physique and the skating ability to control the pace in his own zone and I think he will be a tremendous player. But I'd also lower my expectations of him for next year...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Barring a terrible camp, Tinordi's on the roster to start the year...probably paired with Diaz to start, with hopefully some shifts with Subban...;)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
yeah....in 3-4 years. Don't get me wrong, Tinordi is a solid prospect but he definitely was terrible at adjusting to the speed of the NHL. He had a huge gap between him and the opposite forward and even his long reach couldn't bail him out. A guy like him will probably become a steady and safe D in the NHL after 3 full seasons.

Like I said, has the physique and the skating ability to control the pace in his own zone and I think he will be a tremendous player. But I'd also lower my expectations of him for next year...

I'm just hoping that Tinordi doesn't look out of place as a 5-6 D next year. Those are my expectations for him.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Tinordi joining the team after a few games and playoffs is eerily reminiscent of Larry Robinson's debuting back in the early 70's. I'm still of the opinion that when Jarred has a few yrs. exp. in the NHL, he will have an offensive side and become an all-round force for the Habs. Tinordi and Subban would make a great 1st pairing, if Beaulieu keeps improving at the rate he was last year the Top Four could be;

1st pairing - Tinordi LD & Subban RD :handclap:
2nd pairing - Emelin LD & Beaulieu RD :handclap:
3rd pairing - Bennett LD & Pateryn RD :handclap:
extra's - Didier, Deitz, Diaz, Ellis, Gorges and Thrower - That's a pretty deep defence or an elite dman & forward in trades, looking good for our team in a couple of seasons.:handclap:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I'm not expecting him to dominate but to be honest I felt he improved greatly by playoffs end last year. I think he'll be having a surprisingly solid season next year.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
I'm not expecting him to dominate but to be honest I felt he improved greatly by playoffs end last year. I think he'll be having a surprisingly solid season next year.

I respect your opinion and I'd like that he plays well enough to bump Bouillon off a roster spot. However, from my point of view, it was especially in the playoffs where he looked not ready at all for the big show. Anyway, with all the 4-5-6 D's we have, I'd rather he play on the first pairing in Hamilton with some call ups during the year than getting 10-15 minutes a night. This guy needs to play fearless with the puck so he built confidence and playing 20-25+ minutes in the AHL will help.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tinordi joining the team after a few games and playoffs is eerily reminiscent of Larry Robinson's debuting back in the early 70's. I'm still of the opinion that when Jarred has a few yrs. exp. in the NHL, he will have an offensive side and become an all-round force for the Habs. Tinordi and Subban would make a great 1st pairing, if Beaulieu keeps improving at the rate he was last year the Top Four could be;

extra's - Didier, Deitz, Diaz, Ellis, Gorges and Thrower - That's a pretty deep defence or an elite dman & forward in trades, looking good for our team in a couple of seasons.:handclap:

Bennett will never be in the Habs top 6

onemorecup*

Dietz is a lock on day , doubt Bennet makes the team

onemorecup*

at least you were smart not to put Gorges or Markov in your top 6 :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad