News Article: Tina Turner Has Died

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just heard this, and shocked quite frankly, didn't realize she was that age. A real loss in the history of rock world, there will never be another like her.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Just heard this, and shocked quite frankly, didn't realize she was that age. A real loss in the history of rock world, there will never be another like her.
I didn’t feel like she was that old either. I took her for late 60’s/early 70’s. She cemented herself as an icon. Tremendous talent always sad to see one go.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Very saddened by the news. She was one heck of a performer. Saw her in 2000 and her concert ranks as one of the best I'd ever seen. RIP TINA.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I didn't realize she was already in her 40s when she had her solo breakout in the 1980s. Made some wonderful music. RIP.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I thought this was kind of a cool quote from her regarding aging/death:

“I am at a stage where — you can get emotional when you start to talk about death,” Turner told Winfrey at the time. “To be able to get to this stage, and say, ‘Even when it’s time, to leave and go to another planet’ — excited about that ’cause I’m curious. What is it about?”

“Nobody can tell you,” she continued. “’Cause nobody has come back. I’m not excited to die, but I don’t regret it when it’s time for me. I’ve done what I came here to do. Now it’s pleasure.”

I'm more of a casual fan of hers, but this quote kinda sent a chill down my spine. "I've done what I came here to do" is such a bad ass statement. It's rare someone has that full sense of completion as the get old, have a a good journey TT.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

“I am at a stage where — you can get emotional when you start to talk about death,” Turner told Winfrey at the time. “To be able to get to this stage, and say, ‘Even when it’s time, to leave and go to another planet’ — excited about that ’cause I’m curious. What is it about?”

“Nobody can tell you,” she continued. “’Cause nobody has come back. I’m not excited to die, but I don’t regret it when it’s time for me. I’ve done what I came here to do. Now it’s pleasure.”

I'm more of a casual fan of hers, but this quote kinda sent a chill down my spine. "I've done what I came here to do" is such a bad ass statement. It's rare someone has that full sense of completion as the get old, have a a good journey TT.

Hell yah. She was awesome.

Beyond Thunderdome was a childhood favorite.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Man, I don’t agree with a lot of what you post, but I give you full props for this one Soundwave. Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad