Tribute Timothy Liljegren Part 3 - Everyone wants Flowers.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
maxresdefault.jpg

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
He really does look like a Viking.

Excited to see what this guy becomes for us.

We still need to remember how young he is. This is a good guy for us to have long-term.

Hopefully he gets his chance to stick and grow. No more Marlies. He needs NHL action and experience to become what he will become.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
He's looking more comfortable. He's been contributing offensively and gaining experience. Now that he's getting regular minutes and they've stopped treating him like a yo-yo by bouncing him in and out of the lineup, we're seeing him much more at ease.

He's been steadily improving all season and it's been great to watch. He's surpassed my expectations for this season.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He's looking more comfortable. He's been contributing offensively and gaining experience. Now that he's getting regular minutes and they've stopped treating him like a yo-yo by bouncing him in and out of the lineup, we're seeing him much more at ease.

He's been steadily improving all season and it's been great to watch. He's surpassed my expectations for this season.

He just started shooting and he's already probably our most consistent guy at getting rebound shots through traffic.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
He just started shooting and he's already probably our most consistent guy at getting rebound shots through traffic.
He was much more physical tonight. He was tying up his man in front of the net better than I've ever seen him do it.

He's still leaving too much gap as he backs into his own zone- but that'll improve.

Reactions: kb

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I was immature about how I treated Luke Schenn on hockey boards. I came right out, after his first game and called him a bum. Bizarrely, I quite like the guy now, I admire a lot about him, and how he has hung in there. I would not mind if he played for us, at all at this point in time.

But Liljegren for me.... Was something else entirely.

I just loved the guy from day one. I saw his vast potential, right away. But its so much, it has to be released, one layer at a time I suippose.

I see Larry Robinson here, always have. I didn't want to jinx the poor Viking, at all. But there is Robinson potential here.

Do you trade that for a playoffs with Mark Giordano?

Well, lets just say, I am glad sometimes, I am not Kyle Dubas...

This kid can do it all. He can hurt opposing players along the board or in open ice, if he feels like it, he has a pass to die for. He can skate. He is very, very well liked by his fellow swedes.

We have a swede club going on, and let me tell you from my experience with swedes and aussies....

Having a sub culture, of swedes on an NHL hockey club?

Man we are very lucky...

Now we have a Swedish goalie? Lol, Dubas is a genius. He ain't goin anywhere, soon.

Man, we have a beautiful hockey team. Soooo much fun to watch.

Take it from an older Leaf fan, these are indeed good times. And the regular season, is MOST of the season, so, enjoy it. I sure am.

Is he Steve Yzerman, Jon Cooper smart? Well, I dunno. But he is a treat, and I want him around for the rest of my Leaf years.

Sure we could lose first round. Won't bother me at all have to say. Tampa, Florida and Toronto, should all be in a league of our own, with Colorado.

Total class organizations. Now.

Losing to any of those three? No shame in it.

I am watching the best Toronto Maple Leaf hockey team I have ever seen. And I am fully appreciative.

I mean Pierre Engval, anyone watching this guy? Gotta tell you, best defensive forward, I have ever seen in Leaf history and I see a 20 goal season in this guy. But the guy is just giraffing the opposition out there.

Our third line is just ridiculous to watch, I feel sorry for who they go up against.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
This is an underrted part of his game. His shot is hard and always hits the net. He has mastered step 1 and step 2. Step 3 is to improve accuracy. That will come.

Also, look at his build. He's barely into his 20's. He's going to be a monster. I don't think people should worry about him getting physically beat. That's not going to last very long.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
What makes people think Lily may be traded ?

People are idiots
It's not that odd. He's not in trouble, he's doing well so teams are calling about him. That's why he's in rumors. Teams want him in a package for their big name players. More, they're forced to talk about it even if they don't want to.

Reactions: ACC1224 and kb

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
He's not the high risk all offense guy he was touted as coming into his draft year, in fact he's never been that as a pro.

But he does have a very good shot and a good first pass, he'll never run a PP - doesn't have that dynamic quality to him, but he will consistently point up respectable point totals at the NHL level because of those two skills. While at the same time playing solid defense.

Reactions: kb and stickty111

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I see Larry Robinson here, always have. I didn't want to jinx the poor Viking, at all. But there is Robinson potential here.

Do you trade that for a playoffs with Mark Giordano?

This Larry Robinson stuff is way over the top but of course trading him for Giordano would be insane.

Sure we could lose first round. Won't bother me at all have to say. Tampa, Florida and Toronto, should all be in a league of our own, with Colorado.

Total class organizations. Now.

Losing to any of those three? No shame in it.
There's no shame in losing to those teams is we play our best and go down fighting. If however we don't show for game 7 like the last few years, that's another story.

Outscored 18-6 in our last four game 7's (11-2 in the last three). That's some shameful shit right there.

I mean Pierre Engval, anyone watching this guy? Gotta tell you, best defensive forward, I have ever seen in Leaf history and I see a 20 goal season in this guy. But the guy is just giraffing the opposition out there.

Not sure what's more hyperbolic, comparing Liljegren to Larry Robinson or this. It's cool you've enjoyed the last few games though and hopefully there's some good times ahead in the playoffs, we'll see.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's not the high risk all offense guy he was touted as coming into his draft year, in fact he's never been that as a pro.

But he does have a very good shot and a good first pass, he'll never run a PP - doesn't have that dynamic quality to him, but he will consistently point up respectable point totals at the NHL level because of those two skills. While at the same time playing solid defense.

I mean, he looked very good on the PP with the Marlies whenever Sandin was out. He's not Cale Makar out there but he's got a very strong offensive mind and has the uncanny ability of actually getting the puck on net that a guy like Rielly still hasn't figured out. Not to mention his one-T is actually a threat, unlike both Rielly and Sandin.

Maybe it's just because he's young and they don't want to give him too many minutes, but it feels silly not using him in 3v3 (over Holl) or 2PP (when Sandin is out).

Reactions: stickty111

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I mean, he looked very good on the PP with the Marlies whenever Sandin was out. He's not Cale Makar out there but he's got a very strong offensive mind and has the uncanny ability of actually getting the puck on net that a guy like Rielly still hasn't figured out. Not to mention his one-T is actually a threat, unlike both Rielly and Sandin.

Maybe it's just because he's young and they don't want to give him too many minutes, but it feels silly not using him in 3v3 (over Holl) or 2PP (when Sandin is out).
Don't get me wrong, he can be a PP guy, but more a 2PP guy or sub optimal 1PP guy. Similar to Muzzin or even Brodie (Brodie doesn't have the shot though), he is fine on the PP but preferably you'd have someone more dynamic in that role, particularly on the 1PP.

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
His breakout pass on the Marner goal was a thing of beauty.
He can make those routinely. The key is the confidence to try it and it really seems like he's settling down.
Keefe finally has stopped jerking him around after every mistake.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

It never made sense a few years ago (Marlie days) and still doesn't yet to this day I keep hearing people refer to him as an offensive D. That's not his game at all. He'll provide you with very reasonable offense but he's so far removed from an "offensive d-man". He does so much, so well and is exactly what we've needed for a while.

Unless the return blows my socks off, I think I would be the most irate I have been at a move since the Rask deal was announced (I literally threw the remote across the room...which FYI is something I would never do).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad