Recalled/Assigned: Timothy Liljegren and Teemu Kivihalme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
“oh hi Timothy, oh, you’re glad you got called up? WELL GUESS WHAT, BACK DOWN YOU GO!”

*Next Day*

“Hey Timothy, yeah, no yeah we need you back up he- no I’m not gonna do it again......... JUST KIDDING, BACK DOWN YOU GO”

I’m pretty sure this actually happened today.

Dubas was bored in New Jersey :laugh:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Man why isnt lilijgren getting any games? Statistically hes having his best season in the AHL and posters who follow marlies games are generally confident about his ability to handle bottom pairing minutes in the NHL right now.

Playing a scrub like Marincin doesnt make sense to me. The guy has been trash for 5+ years in this organization. We need to reward our youth when injuries come and give them shots to play games.

I wish we could see a defense like

Rielly-Barrie
Dermott-Holl
Ceci-lilijgren

Let Ceci play the offside on the bottom pair. Wont impact his game nearly as much as if he were playing top minutes and gives lilijgren a spot to get games in and let's us see how ready he is and where he needs to improve for the future.

Package Marincin, a middling prospect and a 2nd and get that top 4 D. Would be so like Dubas to pull off something like this.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Probably some hidden loophole about bringing up a certain amount of different ahl players with various salaries, at a certain length of time .

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
There was an article about this recently in the Star I think. Apparently the reason they've been doing this is to get guys comfortable with an NHL game day. So they take the morning skate, do their game day routine, and take part in the warmups. What they're hoping is that when the players are finally called up to actually play the familiarity will help the player focus.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kivilhalme seems like a bit of a disappointment this year. Would have expected him to get some consideration on defense like Mikheyev did at forward but hasn’t really done much. At that size you have to be something special on D. More Torey Krug and less Connor Carrick.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Man why isnt lilijgren getting any games? Statistically hes having his best season in the AHL and posters who follow marlies games are generally confident about his ability to handle bottom pairing minutes in the NHL right now.

Playing a scrub like Marincin doesnt make sense to me. The guy has been trash for 5+ years in this organization. We need to reward our youth when injuries come and give them shots to play games.

I disagree tbh. I don't think we should be moving anyone off their natural side unless we really need to.

Marincin has been fantastic in the AHL his whole time with this organization under Sheldon Keefe, especially while playing on a shutdown pairing with Justin Holl. He's been terrible and inconsistent in the NHL, but we've never seen him with Sheldon Keefe in the NHL till last game. I actually liked what we saw that game.

IMO Lilijegren is ready to make the jump, so I'd expect Ceci to be traded at some point before the TDL.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The Leaf's defense is a tire-fire. Nothing wrong with letting the roster players know there's young guys nipping at their heels.

Reactions: supermann_98

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Tomorrow against the Hawks would be a great time to give Lili his first start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad