Injury Report: Timonen (lower body injury) is skating pregame in Montreal, could play

RJ8812*

Timonen's the only thing we've got on the blue line that we can call a top-pairing defenseman. Without him in the line-up...wow

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Timonen's the only thing we've got on the blue line that we can call a top-pairing defenseman. Without him in the line-up...wow

agreed .. i call him our "Lidstrom" ...... but that was brutal last night.
that being said, i hope he recovers soon

RJ8812*

agreed .. i call him our "Lidstrom" ...... but that was brutal last night.
that being said, i hope he recovers soon

everyone has a bad game now and then...unfortunately for us, his was last game

It's sad how people jump all over him and forget what he's done for us so far this season

Should be interesting to see how Schenn handles a game without him.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
It's sad how people jump all over him and forget what he's done for us so far this season

i'm not sure he had a 'bad game' overall .. i know i certainly didn't say that he did.

he had a brutal turnover on the 3rd goal. im just stating the obvious. i already had given him a pass earlier this year, on a few blunders, so i'm not one to 'jump all over him' ..... but last night couldn't be over looked, in my view

RJ8812*

i'm not sure he had a 'bad game' overall .. i know i certainly didn't say that he did.

he had a brutal turnover on the 3rd goal. im just stating the obvious. i already had given him a pass earlier this year, on a few blunders, so i'm not one to 'jump all over him' ..... but last night couldn't be over looked, in my view

oh I know. I wasn't saying you were the one that's jumping all over him.

Danglous

Dec 5, 2007
Philly
I remember watching him battle along the boards last night and it looked like he took a few really awkward steps. I remember thinking to myself, "How does he not hurt his groin right there?" I wonder if thats why

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
oh I know. I wasn't saying you were the one that's jumping all over him.

fair enough ... i think, like most here, i'm pretty fair to our players ... we NEED 2 points tonight, so thats my only concern at the moment .... along with a FLA & NYI regulation wins ;)

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
The Finnish God of Defense is starting to show signs of age.

He's not nearly as dominant as he once was, and that turnover showed it.

That said, he's still got twice the heart of most defenders. He still steps in front of some of the worst shots and steps back on the ice the next shift.

We need someone soon who can replace that or our defense is going to get even less consistent.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Every great defender makes a mistake that costs his team a game. Everyone. Ray Bourque? yup. Nik Lidstrom? yup. Chris Pronger? yup.
Am I giving Timmonen a pass? no. Just pointing it out. The guy has been a rock for the Flyers. I shudder to think what we are like without him. Our "awesome" under 25 year old core is nowhere near as good with him out of the lineup. He makes the Flyers better. Without him? Yikes. I would rather not think about it.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Every great defender makes a mistake that costs his team a game. Everyone. Ray Bourque? yup. Nik Lidstrom? yup. Chris Pronger? yup.
Am I giving Timmonen a pass? no. Just pointing it out. The guy has been a rock for the Flyers. I shudder to think what we are like without him. Our "awesome" under 25 year old core is nowhere near as good with him out of the lineup. He makes the Flyers better. Without him? Yikes. I would rather not think about it.

We need Kimmo and he needs to step up his play as a 6 mill.$ man. Now if we can only get our other 6 mill $ player to step up to the plate that would help! Maybe playing in Montreal will jump start him.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It appears Gustafsson has been recalled for tonight's game. Still no update with Timonen's specific injury, however. Awaiting word.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009

agreed. i like him. pointing out his blunder does not change that. it was an awful time for it. and this time, the goalie didn't bail the team out, as has happened many times this year. hopefully he's back soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad