Injury Report: Timonen (lower body injury) is skating pregame in Montreal, could play

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Hopefully it's not too serious. Having to play Foster and Gervais more minutes is disconcerting. And on top of that, dressing Lilja (shudders).

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
i figured he'd be out with a bruised ego, after that dreadful turnover resulting to goal #3

Last edited by a moderator:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We needed Bryz to make that save, but Kimmos turnover was a rookie move that was terrible. He gets no pass on that play.

Absolutely not. Just the guy's missing till bryz has an average game.

But lets be serious here. Missing kimo gonna suck, not matter hiw bad his turnover was.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Kimmo Timonen did not join the Flyers for the third period of Friday night’s game against the Devils. The defenseman logged 11:24 of ice time and left with what the team called a “lower-body injury.”

Timonen was seen after the game, walking with a slight limp. It's unclear what his status is for Saturday night's game in Montreal, but the Flyers are officially listing him as day-to-day.

Andreas Lilja has been a healthy scratch for eight consecutive games. He's the top option if Timonen can't go.

"It’s obviously a loss," captain Claude Giroux said. "He’s one of our best D, When he’s out of the lineup ... obviously, we want him in the lineup."

http://www.courierpostonline.com/ar...2150086/Timonen-leaves-game-lower-body-injury

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
I feel like watching the game tomorrow will be along the same lines of me just sitting there punching myself in the nuts over and over.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I guess there is not enough time to call up Gus so they probably have to dress....Lilja :cry:
Don't worry, they're both trademark Swedish quality defensemen, so everything's going to be fine :) Seriously, though, Lilja sucked in the only game he played and I'm positive it's only going to get better for him and us.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Don't worry, they're both trademark Swedish quality defensemen, so everything's going to be fine :) Seriously, though, Lilja sucked in the only game he played and I'm positive it's only going to get better for him and us.

Swedish hockey players are famous for their skating, unmatched puck skills and their soft hands but unfortunately Andreas Lilja is the big exception to the rule. His only skill is to block shots - I just hope he blocks some while not providing a permanent screen on Bryz or scoring on his own team...

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
i figured he'd be out with a bruised ego, after that dreadful turnover resulting to goal #3

I have to admit he has had some awful brainfarts during games. Things that a vet like Kimmo should not be doing. Its not like he is being rushed either.

Next man up until he returns thats all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Just the guy's missing till bryz has an average game.

nope. wrong. i post every day, after good and bad games by both the team and Bryz. you are not paying attention. Ive pointed out Bryz's errors [been very few, thankfully], but Kimmo doesn't get a pass because he's a great guy. pay closer attention, please, before attacking me. this thread is about Kimmo, not Bryz. no need for you to bring up the goalie, honestly, but since you did, you should learn the facts.

after the Devils game:
would have been nice if he had stopped them, but each was scored by a man left undefended. just as the 3rd goal was, off the dreadful Kimmo turnover.

he {Bryz} may not have had his best game, but the Flyers defensive coverage was far worse than Bryz was. He did not bail them out this time, that is true.

all things considered, i'm not concerned about Bryz, i'm far more worried about how this team leaves far too many guys undefended

Seriously, just stop.

close your eyes to the truth, but Kimmo looked dreadful on that play & i've not called him out the several times before this that he has messed up. no more free passes for him.

I have to admit he has had some awful brainfarts during games. Things that a vet like Kimmo should not be doing. Its not like he is being rushed either.

Next man up until he returns thats all.
agreed, great guy, but has been a bit off at times this year. cut him ?? NO .... but he's gotta stop making those mistakes in close games.

if people can ask "Do you fire Laviolette?", I don't think pointing out an awful play by Kimmo is 'out of bounds'

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad