Time to trade Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
There is a maximum of 20 minutes of ice time left for him and the $th centre..
The guy doesn't kill penalties so even less ice time.
I am not a fan because of the Marchand/C. Lemieux/Linseman element to his game. Never been a time that this guy hasn't been a problem, especially this last playoffs.
Domi on Nedermayer rings a gong as to how a player can ruin a season of team effort in an instant.
Leafs can land the Dman they need for a 30 goal centre from a Corsi adverse GM.
I'm thinking our traditional trade partners the Ducks.

Reactions: Pookie

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Kadri is a great cost controlled asset and injuries happen all the time. Unless you get someone on a similar deal it's just not worth it. If the trade makes the team better trade him but unless we get one hell of a player back we make the team worse.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Right now the scariest part about our team is how great we our down the middle.

He's one of our only guys who brings great O with snarl and two way ability.

Unless we're getting back some star defender theres no way I'd deal him.

You might not like him but if we plan to go deep and win 4 rounds his skillset is going to be extremely important.

Reactions: glue and stickty111

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I am not a fan because of the Marchand/C. Lemieux/Linseman element to his game. Never been a time that this guy hasn't been a problem, especially this last playoffs.
Domi on Nedermayer rings a gong as to how a player can ruin a season of team effort in an instant.
So we just became one of the deepest teams at one of the most critical positions with all 3 of them under control and you want to break it apart?

I cannot fathom your thought process.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
His contract alone is reason enough not to trade him. He's a 30 goal scoring center that's on a great contract and producing. You make it sound like the guy is another Matt Cooke. Kadri occasionally crosses the line but he's a huge positive overall.

When you look at the production he has along with his cap hit, it would be pretty hard to get better value by trading him even for a dman. Cap space is going need to be managed very carefully in the coming seasons, trading Kadri makes that a lot tougher.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
These guys won stanley cups... Claude Lemieux won 4 plus a conne smyth... You dont have to be a fan to realize that this certain element is usually a benefit to the team

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Kadri needs more discipline, but I am completely opposed to trading him, unless it's a highway robbery.

Reactions: stickty111

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
What if:

At Home:

Marleau - Matthews - Kadri
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Nylander - Kapanen
Ennis/Leivo - Lindholm/Goat - Brown

At home Matthews and Kadri get the matchups similar to Bergeron - Marchand in Boston

On the Road:

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
Ennis/Leivo - Lindholm/Goat - Brown

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Gee, the Ducks seem to lots of expensive centres, now you want them to have another just so you can get Manson.
Don't know why Kadri will get less minutes. He gets a lot of time right now as LWer on the PP. He certainly didn't score 30 goals as a third line centre (I hate the meaningless numbering system)

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Kadri will be a 11 minute, non PKer former 2 time 30 goal scorer.
His value is as high as it will ever be.
Matthews & Tevares are already a match up problem.They will play 2/3 of the game.
Kadri will get a good Dman.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IMO the only reason to trade Kadri is as a package to get a young top pairing RHD.....but the problem with that idea who plays 3C if Kadri is traded? Nylander is unproven at centre at the NHL level outside small sample size. Babs had better be damn sure Nylander can do it before trading Kadri or the Leafs would be in a bind.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Gee, the Ducks seem to lots of expensive centres, now you want them to have another just so you can get Manson.
Don't know why Kadri will get less minutes. He gets a lot of time right now as LWer on the PP. He certainly didn't score 30 goals as a third line centre (I hate the meaningless numbering system)

Don't worry Ducks hang up the phone and fall down laughing at Kadri for Manson 1 for 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad