Time to start Ellis - Take 2

OntarioFisherman*

I can't wait till Ward gets back to his normal quality of play as a below avg goaltender. Really something to look forward too...

I wonder how many games Ellis and Ward have to play before people will admit Ellis should be starting more than Ward. Everytime Ellis has a good game it is, "oh the defense was so much better tonight", or "the stats people were taking down stats incorrectly". Everytime Ward has a bad game it is, "oh it was the defenses fault."

Whats funny is Ellis is playing well right now, and if he trends back to his career stats he will end up slightly better than Ward. Ward is playing horrible right now and if he trends back to his career stats he will be slightly worse than Ellis. You guys realize Ward was a backup at one point and got his job by taking someone else's position? I don't understand why everyone is so defensive about the same happening to him.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I can't wait till Ward gets back to his normal quality of play as a below avg goaltender. Really something to look forward too...

I wonder how many games Ellis and Ward have to play before people will admit Ellis should be starting more than Ward. Everytime Ellis has a good game it is, "oh the defense was so much better tonight", or "the stats people were taking down stats incorrectly". Everytime Ward has a bad game it is, "oh it was the defenses fault."

Whats funny is Ellis is playing well right now, and if he trends back to his career stats he will end up slightly better than Ward. Ward is playing horrible right now and if he trends back to his career stats he will be slightly worse than Ellis. You guys realize Ward was a backup at one point and got his job by taking someone else's position? I don't understand why everyone is so defensive about the same happening to him.

Even if the stats suggest that Ellis is better then Ward, they also factually show that he faced way less amount of shots then Ward per season. While also playing in Nashville with a defensive system. Something Ward has never had the same luxury.

Stats can be twisted both ways to fit one's opinion.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
Well his career stats are still pretty much equal to Ward's and his stats this season are better than Ward's. I didn't think any of the goals he let through were that bad. The one Ward let through was pretty soft though. It seemed to me the only reason they pulled him was to send a message to defense. Which worked - they really tightened up after that. I'd like to see them go pretty much 50/50 for a bit until one starts to show they are clearly better. Think Ward will get the start tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Yeah all those defensive breakdowns and two on one goals were all soft. lol. I'm not saying Ward hasn't let in soft goals this season he has but lets not like act every goal is soft.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad