Pre-Game Talk: Time to Shine - Edm Van tomorrow 8 PM (puck drop at midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Isn't replacing someone that barely played with the Oilers a huge change in chemistry? I don't think stecher is getting a chance unless someone is legitimately hurt.
And wasn't the rumor that we almost played Broberg last night ...bumping Stecher further down the pipeline.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
It’s funny to hear the narrative change from arrogant and superior when the Canucks have a series lead to “HoUsEMoNeY” when it’s tied.
The everyone is out to get us / underdog complex they've created has certainly worked out well for them so far. I'm amazed their fans are buying into it though with their regular season success.

Reactions: Oilhawks and PuckG

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ceci’s play is concerning. Foegele McLoed Perry continue to be completely ineffective as the 3rd line. I get you typically don’t make changes after a win but the 3rd line needs changing and Ceci is going to cost us if his play continues to erode.
Ceci wasn't worse than Nurse last night. He wasn't perfect but got the job done.. willing to bet that Desharnais gets scratched before Ceci.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A major issue I think comparing tocchet and Knob is tocchet isn't afraid to call out bad performances.

He called out his 11m man Pettersson last night. He said 5 of the players are passanger. Changes will be coming to Canucks line up.

Yet for some bizarre reason we are married to Cody ceci. Why? You know he's not good you've pulled back his ice time he's costing this team chances. Get him out and let Broberg or stretcher in.
Coaches favour veterans. Ian Cole has been a joke in this series thus far for the Canucks and is still playing regardless of Tocchet calling guys out.

It’s all just coaches trying to push the right buttons. Nothing more.

Tocchet says there are 5 or 6 guys not pulling their weight out there. But he doesn’t say who. Its just a tactic to have every player in their lineup try and prove they aren’t one of those 5 or 6 guys next game.

Knob probably has his tactics of getting guys going too. Just has a different approach.

I think hockey fans tend to overrate the important of what is said in press conferences by coaches because it’s all we get to see. We attach more significance or meaning than it has

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The everyone is out to get us complex they've created has certainly worked out well for them so far. I'm amazed their fans are buying into it though with their regular season success.
Only a fanbase like the nucks would buy the "oh we are the underdogs playing on house money" after winning the division.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
And wasn't the rumor that we almost played Broberg last night ...bumping Stecher further down the pipeline.
That was a handed-ness factor with lefty Ekholm apparently game time decision due to illness. Seems the coaching staff favours having penalty kill guys in the line-up (Brown, Ryan (also face-off right strong side) and Ceci looks like part of that mix. Personally I would be very surprised to see Ceci benched. More likely they tweak deployment and usage like what worked last night.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He absolutely was and it wasn't even close
Nurse took a dumb penalty and basically scored on our own net. Even on the 2nd VAN goal it could've been off his foot again if it wasn't for another leg.

Nurse played 3rd pairing mins and was still -2. Ceci got walked around once but wasn't too bad otherwise.

Kulak for me was the 3rd best Dman last night for Ekholm-Bouchard

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
A major issue I think comparing tocchet and Knob is tocchet isn't afraid to call out bad performances.

He called out his 11m man Pettersson last night. He said 5 of the players are passanger. Changes will be coming to Canucks line up.

Yet for some bizarre reason we are married to Cody ceci. Why? You know he's not good you've pulled back his ice time he's costing this team chances. Get him out and let Broberg or stretcher in.
Because Ceci is good buddies with Connor. Same with Darnell.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
As good as Demko is when healthy I’m not sold him rushing back to play while still dealing with an injury is actually an upgrade on Silvos. Who frankly is the only reason they won game 3 and the only reason why game 4 wasn’t lopsided.

Yeah hence why I think they only go to him if the chips are down.

I think personally, with Vancouver's trajectory, it'd be a mistake to play Demko until he's fully healthy. He's as important to the Canucks as Hughes and Pettersson are.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That was a handed-ness factor with lefty Ekholm apparently game time decision due to illness. Seems the coaching staff favours having penalty kill guys in the line-up (Brown, Ryan (also face-off right strong side) and Ceci looks like part of that mix. Personally I would be very surprised to see Ceci benched. More likely they tweak deployment and usage like what worked last night.

Oh that's what it was. Listening to his post game his voice was very harsh and I was thinking that he must have been pretty vocal on the bench, but he's just sick.

The key to the next game in my opinion is less associated with personnel and more with continuing this rate of work. When we have all skaters playing at full speed and busting their ass the Nucks can't play with us. However, the moment we take our foot off the gas, even a little bit, they tend to pounce.

If we bring the same work rate last night to the full 60 we will only have two more games before we play the next round.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The NHL keeps starting these games at beer league hours, I hate it.

The everyone is out to get us / underdog complex they've created has certainly worked out well for them so far. I'm amazed their fans are buying into it though with their regular season success.
Oh that's because most of them don't know what happened in the regular season.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Ceci wasn't worse than Nurse last night. He wasn't perfect but got the job done.. willing to bet that Desharnais gets scratched before Ceci.
Ceci is far and away the worst defenceman on this team and if that is not clear to you, especially after the pairs were re-arranged last night, then I don't know what to tell you.

What plays has Ceci made during this series, or last night, that make him better or more useful than VD or Nurse?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ceci is far and away the worst defenceman on this team and if that is not clear to you, especially after the pairs were re-arranged last night, then I don't know what to tell you.

What plays has Ceci made during this series, or last night, that make him better or more useful than VD or Nurse?
Well he has scored a goal in this series.

Reactions: capazzo

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nurse took a dumb penalty and basically scored on our own net. Even on the 2nd VAN goal it could've been off his foot again if it wasn't for another leg.

Nurse played 3rd pairing mins and was still -2. Ceci got walked around once but wasn't too bad otherwise.

Ceci played more minutes because he got trapped out there so many times. I get you don't like Nurse, but come on with this nonsense.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011

Ceci would have got less ice time than Nurse if he hadn't turnover the puck like a million times in his own zone.

Reactions: Kerberos and K1984

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wasn’t the panel on Sportsnet or one of their analysts saying Broberg was a possibility to play only because Ekholm was banged up enough that he was a game time decision? They weren’t bringing his name up as a possible replacement for Ceci.

Reactions: LTIR and foshizzle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad