Time to Revisit Nylander at C?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
It’s clear that we have no one that can perform at a high level at 2C when looking at the other options like Kerfoot & Foligno at 2C.

This would also offer a winger position to someone like Gally or Engvall, that has shown scoring talents, to be put on Nylander’s wing. And it does stabilize the other lines by just needing to add a winger from the bench onto the 2nd line, instead of using a blender on the regular season lines that we did this game.

What does Leafs Nation think?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It’s clear that we have no one that can perform at a high level at 2C when looking at the other options like Kerfoot & Foligno at 2C.

This would also offer a winger position to someone like Gally or Engvall, that has shown scoring talents, to be put on Nylander’s wing. And it does stabilize the other lines by just needing to add a winger from the bench onto the 2nd line, instead of using a blender on the regular season lines that we did this game.

What does Leafs Nation think?

I would put Kerfoot at 2C but let Nylander take draws on the right side. You can still use Galchenyuk on the 2nd line.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Please, no.

Nylander isn't a center.

It didn't work last season in the playoffs. They didn't even bother trying it all season, because they know it doesn't work.

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020
You guys are all laughable.

I said MANY times that Joe Thornton is absolute dog shite, and should never see NHL minutes.
I was told by old timers @Teeder Keon "I've been watching hockey for 100 years. And boy if you don't know why Joe Thornton deserves playing time, you don't know hockey."

Engvall/Brooks, Galchenyuk, Robertson should all be inplace of Simmonds and Thornton.

All you old timers on this site know nothing about new age hockey.... "but but --- muh Joe thornton"

I've said it many times since the beginning of the season, playing Joe Thornton will cost the leafs the cup.

I don't ever wanna see Reilly Nash ever again to be honest. Why f*** with the team chemistry now? Keefe made this questionable decision last year when he took out Robertson for that stiff Johnsson in Game 5.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Lol if you wanna give up a lot of goals go for it. Nylander is a winger, he plays his best on the wing.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Kerfoot-Nylander
Foligno-Engvall-Simmonds
Thornton-Brooks-Spezza

Probably get Dermott in for Sandin too. Dermott is just sucha good skater and much harder to play against.

Mikheyev and Nash were very bad imo and need to come out, Engvall was good in last years playoffs and brings pace. Brooks was great with the two old timers they had amazing chemistry.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
When they tried this vs Columbus he kept forgetting who he was jumping on the ice for during on the fly changes.

Took a too many men because he went on early for the winger, or was late getting on because he was waiting.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Nylander at centre experiment is done. Playoffs aren't the time for experimentation, just put Kerfoot up and hope other guys can step up. It's a huge loss.

Reactions: Stonehands1990

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm okay either way as he'll be playing on that same line regardless of position. I figure Galchenyuk draws in for Game 2.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If he had gotten reps during the season in that role, sure. But this would be a panic move and could likely blow up in our faces.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
No, he’s just not that good at C, better on the wing. IMO the top 6 should be:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Foligno - Kerfoot - Nylander

JT is a huge loss, but we can still win this series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guy Boucher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad