Post-Game Talk: Time to renew your Kostko memberships

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Honestly he deserved everything he got. But he also deserves the praise now.

Yeah, exactly. The views on a player can be fluid. There were times where Koski was making a lot of mistakes, and now times where he's making some big stops. No reason opinions can't range somewhat with performance and unlike say McDrai or Nurse, Koski hadn't to this point done enough to gett a lot of latitude. I think the players that typically carry us deserve that. If Koski continues his play into the playoffs then he will have deserved some grace as well. Right now he's earning his pay cheque.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Thanks. The reason I asked is because he’s paper thin which is my number one concern for Darnell Nurse. I think Nurse has lean out a bit to much. I’m constantly seeing him being on the wrong end of the body contact this year. Hell if I’m being honest I think most the players are paper thin these days. I work out with Martin Gelinas in the Summer as well and he’s solid as f*** at 52 compared to the current players have come through my gym. Out of all the active players that I’ve seen only Luke Schenn actually has some meat on his bones.

I think that’s the new NHL though. Slim, fast, but strong.

Honestly, I think more importantly he won’t hemorrhage GA.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, exactly. The views on a player can be fluid. There were times where Koski was making a lot of mistakes, and now times where he's making some big stops. No reason opinions can't range somewhat with performance and unlike say McDrai or Nurse, Koski hadn't to this point done enough to gett a lot of latitude. I think the players that typically carry us deserve that. If Koski continues his play into the playoffs then he will have deserved some grace as well. Right now he's earning his pay cheque.
I have no problem critiquing his play, but in my mind, the criticism got rather personal, which I have a problem with. Say what you want about the guys contract and term (and he never stuck a gun to his GM's head for that), but to see actual hatred is over the line.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Who's your captain bitch?

Drai has 10GWG's this season so far. Among everything else he does this should blow your mind. He's of course top in league, nobody else close, and ftr McD, has 3GWG.
Drai has 10 already, that’s insane. Nuge has 25..... in over 700 games.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
We’ll, he was clearly coaching them to be passive and surrender the blue line and just collapse to the net. They’ve been consistently doing that his entire tenure. Woodcroft comes along and they are instantly challenging all over the ice and especially at the blue line. Night and day difference in approach and it’s nothing to do with commitment. Tip had them playing a garbage style and the players clearly knew it.

Sure, let's not put any blame on the players whatsoever.
Pretty sure shorter shifts & better back pressure on zone entries has something to do with the aggression at our blue line.
I guess we'll see.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
The title of this thread is so perfect and has win written all over it

I literally can upgrade my Costco membership as of tomorrow and the title literally reminded me.

Reactions: La Bamba

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Sure, let's not put any blame on the players whatsoever.
Pretty sure shorter shifts & better back pressure on zone entries has something to do with the aggression at our blue line.
I guess we'll see.
Hard to put back pressure on a jailbreak going the other way that doesn’t stop until you hit your own face off circles.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Hard to put back pressure on a jailbreak going the other way that doesn’t stop until you hit your own face off circles.

Hard to stand up to a rush at your blueline when the forwards are still in the offensive zone catching their breath after another 90 second shift.
Seriously, we can go round & round like this all day. I already said I guess we'll see so, I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad