Time to "Re-Group"

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Well that road trip is over.

Let's all sit back and take a deep breath.

Habs are home, get some practice time in with Mr. V, on the wing
Fans we need to regroup and the team as well , and focus
the leafs are coming up the pipe, and we need to bare down, nail the door shut, to stop the bleeding.

MT will work the drills this week, and Mr. V will be better, time is of the essence, so each player in the room needs to get on the bus , and work like dogs.

1st thing , find a line in practice that Mr V is comfortable on, and stick to it.

I say he should play with Alex G, on a line , your thoughts fine posters?

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
We all saw Therrien do this at the end of the game,

Vanek - DD - Patches
EGG
Bourque (sit him in the press box) - Pleks - Gio
Moen - Briere - White

I would maybe try this at practice minus Bork, move Briere up with Pleks and Gio than slide Weise with Moen and White.

If this doesn't work than try Vanek with Pleks and Galchenyuk/Gio.

My depth chart would be something like Patches, DD, Gally, Glachy, Pleks, Gio, Vanek, Eller, Briere, Moen, White, Prust (when he's healthy), Bournival (when healthy), Weise, Bourque, Parros.

Bournival, Weise and Bourque, Parros are going to have to fight for a spot no doubt. Moen, White and Prust should be a solid 4th line and once in a while you slot in Bournival/Weise. Bourque should just sit tight and wait next year for another opportunity elsewhere.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Time to start a fund to raise enough money to buy out Therrien's contract. It would send a strong message to Geoff Molson and he wouldn't have to pay him out of pocket!

Win-win as far as I can see it. I mean like, Gawker raised 200,000k for a crack video we should be able to raise a million or whatever it is.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Do you trust MT to fix the PP? To come up with some sort of tactic that isn't predicated on the number of horseshoes up our collective rear-ends?

If not, then we can't predict anything and will have NO idea where we'll be come April.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Mr. V :laugh:

Now on top of Turtleneck, we have V-neck !

On a serious note, you're right, finally the Western trip is over. We didn't even have that bad of a post Olympic strech, it's just the last two games (just after acquiring Vanek to make it worse) that cost us. Now that the team is back to Montréal, and Vanek can finally practice with the team, it should get better.

PS I really want to see that trio : Vanek-Galchenyuk-Brière.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Pax is LW

Vanek Plek Briere
Pax DD Gio
Gal Eller Gal

But I think MT has no guts to split up Plek and Gio..

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Mr. V :laugh:

PS I really want to see that trio : Vanek-Galchenyuk-Brière.

MT has no guts to go that. If we ever see that line, i'll .. stop eating McDonalds.

There are some stuffs I never get in Montreal..

-We never developed the Kotstitsyn Bros together Serge-Thomas-André
-We rarely played Cammy-Gomez-Gio even tho that line was dynamite

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Gio has to drop to 3rd, for sure

where does Prust fit?

I say gotta give the ice time to Mr. V and Alex G

the time is now

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Time to start a fund to raise enough money to buy out Therrien's contract. It would send a strong message to Geoff Molson and he wouldn't have to pay him out of pocket!

Win-win as far as I can see it. I mean like, Gawker raised 200,000k for a crack video we should be able to raise a million or whatever it is.

Someone start a kickstarter project

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
I would love to see Therrien try something like

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Vanek
Moen - Plekanec - Gionta
Weise (Prust upon his return) - Briere - White

... or swap Gallagher and Vanek, like he did last night.

habs999

Jan 19, 2014
Gionta is horrible... Getting Vanek was a waste if MT keeps playing him with this washed up player. Knowing MB he'll resign Gionta for another 5x5 deal and MT will bump him up to first line... We need a good house cleaning

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I would love to see Therrien try something like

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Vanek
Moen - Plekanec - Gionta
Weise (Prust upon his return) - Briere - White

... or swap Gallagher and Vanek, like he did last night.

Eller has a lot to prove.

He pretty much sucks at this point. Sorry.

Eller and Bourque suck, actually.

habitue*

Gionta is horrible... Getting Vanek was a waste if MT keeps playing him with this washed up player. Knowing MB he'll resign Gionta for another 5x5 deal and MT will bump him up to first line... We need a good house cleaning

You know that ?

How about the world economy and the environment if you're so good reading the future ?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Too many fringe players! Pleks is no longer a too 6 forward. Neither is Gionta. Time to play Eller with the G Boys and play Vanek with Pacioretty and DD.
Play Pleks with Gionta and Prust.
4th line- White, Moen and Weise.
Put that useless slug Bork in the press box permanently.
On D, Weaver is a 7 or 8 D, nothing more.
While I really like Tinordi and I truly believe he should never again play in the AHL again, Habs need transition game players like Beaulieu who IMO should never have stopped playing with Murray. If Gorges is out for a bit, Bring Nathan up and play the heck out of him.
Habs need both Beaulieu and Tinordi in the line up. Habs are a better team with these two playing.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I know vanek has looked like complete garbage. I'm not sure I'd offer this guy a long term 7-8m dollar deal.

Obviously some adjustment time needs to be allowed here and judging him on 2 games is silly, but if he's not scoring, boy is he tough to watch. I suspect he'll get going though.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I'd go with:

Gallagher-DD-Patch
Galchenyuk-Eller-Vanek
Briere-Plek-Gionta
Moen-White-Prust

It's a shame Weise has to be scratched because I really do like him. It's also a damn shame Bourque has been so terrible because he would fit perfectly on Plek's wing. I also wouldn't be opposed to reuniting the EGG line, and putting Vanek on DD's wing.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
I know vanek has looked like complete garbage. I'm not sure I'd offer this guy a long term 7-8m dollar deal.

Obviously some adjustment time needs to be allowed here and judging him on 2 games is silly, but if he's not scoring, boy is he tough to watch. I suspect he'll get going though.
To be fair, he's playing with Gionta. At the same time, he did have 2 nice takeaways yesterday and was the only one I noticed aside from Gallagher who was consistently in the slot and near the net. He was alright IMO but time will tell. Gionta should be put on the 3rd line and Vanek should play with Pleks and Chucky IMO.

On another note, I really dislike the fact that when DD was in a slump, MT didn't hesitate to separate the EGG line, our only effective line at the time in order to break the slump.

Now that DD is producing, and Eller is not, why not try putting Eller with Gallagher to get him going? Yet it seems like MT disregards Eller and his slump and plays him with the likes of Bourque. Granted, Eller hasn't helped his case, but it still brings up the question of how can players respect a coach who seemingly picks favourites?

Just my two cents...

Pleks is no longer a too 6 forward.

I disagree. I think he needs to find the offensive flare he had last year and at the beginning of this year in order to really get it going with Vanek. MT uses him heavily for defensive assignments so I think he and Vanek should be given time to develop chemistry before writing Pleks off.

Last edited:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

Do you really believe that or are you being the queen of the drama.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Pacioretty - Smurfharnais - Gallagher
Vanek - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Bournival/Prust/Briere (while the other two are hurt) - Eller - Gionta (only cuz Therrien won't sit him)
Prust/Bournival - Briere/White - White/Weise

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Weaver/Murray (*NOTE* - they can never be used together again...EVER) until Gorges comes back

...Gionta needs to come out of the Top 6 & any PP duty NOW!!...Bork sits until he pulls his head outta his arse or the end of the season, whatever comes first, then we trade him whenever we can for whatever we can...if Weaver & Murray ever make up a defensive pairing again, Therrien needs to be committed to a psychiatric hospital...:rant:

dreamingofdrouin*

toronto is coming up the pipe,,but our play has nothing to do with that...only toronto and tampa can help us....home ice is irrelevant. toronto montreal......flip a coin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad