Time To Officially Panic Thread

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I am beginning to believe this team is really in big trouble. They are on the verge of losing a playoff position thanks to a couple of horrible losses to two teams that are not exactly power houses, playing on consecutive nights while the Leafs were well rested at home. There is zero urgency in their game, the goaltending has come back to earth, and the coaching seems to be going in one ear and coming out the other.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is the core that brought you the 18 wheeler and the game seven meltdown. It's fairly obvious that this shouldn't be the team going forward and the sooner management realizes the better. (Also, the higher the pick the better, the building isn't done yet).

I'm fine with seeing pretty much any of these guys traded.

Toque*

Just bench Burnyay! He's the reason why we dropped both games.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Once again. Problem is, enough teams are so bad, a top 5 pick would be tough to get. That is just us.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
What are we panicing for? We get outshot, outplayed, and outmatched almost every game, anyone who thought this was sustainable over an 82 game season is delusional.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Scrubs.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Interested to see what Kadri, Lupul, Franson can be converted into through trade as a start.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
so whats the official record right now for their last 30 games or so.. how many regulation wins in their last 30? What is it, 5? lol

edit- whoops sorry, just read the post above - it's 4

probaby an all-time NHL record

and yet this teams remains intact... what do they need to do, go 4 wins in their last 50 before something happens?

I really thought Carlye would have been gone before tonights game...

DaveT83*

Yeah it was time to panic 6 years ago.

It'll be 2 years before anything significant happens - get used to it boys. Until NONIS is fired. This Burke Built Roster will reign supreme.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Bernier was always unproven.

He has never been a number one and they wanted to trade Reimer when we have no backup.Bernier may have talent but a number one has to be a workhorse who can play 55 games a year. This is a bad team which was misbuilt and throws around money continually,locking themselves in. To do nothing now is foolish. Either the team is junk or Carlyle is a problem. The trend is down after a fast start,we are sliding hard.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Burke built a horrible team with a horrible core (given a 5 year tank job) with great flexibility.

Nonis took that horrible team and horrible core and destroyed all that flexibility. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, I'm really starting to give up on the team.

Don't worry, I WILL NOT bandwagon to another team. I would rather quit watching hockey than give up the leafs for another team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kind of wishing we hadn't re-signed Kessel and Phaneuf so hastily. Don't think I can stomach this core for another 8 years... Makes the Jason Blake and Bryan McCabe contracts look like a piece of cake.

Dennis Bergkamp

Oct 23, 2013
Fact is, this is just not a very good team. There wouldn't be even a question of playoffs if East wasn't so weak this year.

tracker828

Aug 14, 2009
since first 10 games this team been ****y im including the first 10 this has been a brutal team since day 1 they relied on goalies and goalies r back to earth now its a stink fest i hate being a brainwashed leaf fan if i could take a pill and become a fan of a good team i ****ing would to many years watching every game of a welfare team getting paid as millionairs

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
here are some serious, legitimate questions --

1: even taking into the consideration of the east, and when we do play well we are very scary - was this team seriously going to do anything of significance?

2: is it really - such a big deal if this team doesn't make the playoffs. forget about "the team sucks" or "carlyle sucks" or whatever.

a blind person can see that this team needs better support, and older players, especially on the defense side of things and everyone knows that. It's irritating that the team doesn't play consistently, it's aggrivating when they do what they did against the Rangers, and I will always, forever pull them on the carpet for lack of effort or lazy play

but at the same time - this is a damned young team, when the oldest person is McClement by two months on Gleason. no one is older than 30, and the youngest guy is 19. if you remove Phaneuf, Franson and Gunnarson on who is playing right now, 1 hasn't played three years in the league yet, 1 is 19 and one took OFF three years from the league.

the forwards are more disappointing to me, but again, I feel that's where more support comes in, and Nonis said that's on him to do that this summer.

so no, no panic.

if we miss out on the playoffs it will suck. majorly.
if we make the playoffs then yay, but I honestly don't know how far we can go.

the team is way too inconsistent, and green. so why panic. you can be bummed OUT... but considering that this team was pegged to be a bubble team and that's exactly where they are, it's just the fact that the team pees away their chances with poor play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00