Time to fire Dubas and rebuild around Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
They're riddled with injuries (and have been all season) are coming off the team flu, playing back to back nights, with travel, 3 games in 4 nights, the refs calling things only one side, and lucky bounces were not going in our favor. On top of all that, you're losing your mind calling this team terrible over things that happen to every single team (bad giveaways, defensive miscues etc). We still have a good chance to make the playoffs, after having a terrible start under Babcock, and a terrible record from our backup goalies pre-Campbell. I'm frustrated and walked away at 5-2 tonight, but the sky isn't falling.
Glass half full kinda guy

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
It's over. This team is not a contending team and never will be a contending team without a full rebuild through the draft.

I'm actually rooting for them to miss the playoffs, otherwise they will continue in mediocrity instead of rebuilding.

Someome phone this into the FAN and give this dude 590 seconds to phone in next friday.

Hot take coming at ya.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Dubas isn't going anywhere... people who think he is are out to lunch. He'll be given lots of time to make adjustments... and they aren't all going to happen overnight.

We didn't really know the faults of this team until Babs was removed from the situation. Things are worse than expected, ok, so now he has to make the moves to make the corrections.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Everyone wants to win. That's why we watch hockey. It's more so people who are very reactionary vs those who understand the ups and downs of a young team.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to suffer through Dubas. Call me sadistic :sarcasm:

Reactions: smitty10

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
Everyone wants to win. That's why we watch hockey. It's more so people who are very reactionary vs those who understand the ups and downs of a young team.

Ah yes, the ups and downs of not winning a playoff round in 16 years and not winning a Cup since 1967.

That's the real problem with Leafs fans. They just aren't patient enough.

Reactions: LeafsRus

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Yikes, this is a spicy one. Boys will probably sweep the Pens and all will be forgotten. ;)

Let's take it easy. Tough to giveaway points to Buffalo no doubt, but it's one game. Boys have racetrack left. A practise or two coming up will do wonders.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Dubas isn't going anywhere... people who think he is are out to lunch. He'll be given lots of time to make adjustments... and they aren't all going to happen overnight.

We didn't really know the faults of this team until Babs was removed from the situation. Things are worse than expected, ok, so now he has to make the moves to make the corrections.
So Babcock was actually helping this team over achieve?

Lots of people knew this went further than the coach. They were drowned out and labelled trolls or so called fans.

But those guys and gals knew what so many didn't.

Anywho, we'll be shit until Dubas is removed so buckle yourselves in, this'll be a hoot.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
So Babcock was actually helping this team over achieve?

Lots of people knew this went further than the coach. They were drowned out and labelled trolls or so called fans.

But those guys and gals knew what so many didn't.

Anywho, we'll be **** until Dubas is removed so buckle yourselves in, this'll be a hoot.
There's this crazy world where Babcock was simply underperforming and needed to go, but that his firing wouldn't make us a perfect team

We look much better without Babs, but still have warts.

Reactions: wingman75

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
They're riddled with injuries (and have been all season) are coming off the team flu, playing back to back nights, with travel, 3 games in 4 nights, the refs calling things only one side, and lucky bounces were not going in our favor. On top of all that, you're losing your mind calling this team terrible over things that happen to every single team (bad giveaways, defensive miscues etc). We still have a good chance to make the playoffs, after having a terrible start under Babcock, and a terrible record from our backup goalies pre-Campbell. I'm frustrated and walked away at 5-2 tonight, but the sky isn't falling.
You know what else happens to every other team?
- injuries
- 3 games in 4 nights
- flu
- bad reffing

Toronto isn’t even in top 5 teams for injuries whether you look at man games lost, average time on ice lost due to injury or even points lost due to injuries

Reactions: Menzinger

Todd03

May 28, 2016
Dubass should never have been hired as the General Manager of this team.
Before he became the G.M this team was going in the right direction. Since the team
hired this bum its taking five steps back. But Babcock love or hate him he was right
about two things. Team need more grit and toughness. And a bigger defence.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Still find it crazy they hired a 20 something year old kid with zero life experience to run one of the largest professional sports organizations in the world.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Ah yes, the ups and downs of not winning a playoff round in 16 years and not winning a Cup since 1967.

You do realize half the Leaf fans act as if the world is ending after every loss right? That's not patience.

Just because you're being forced to be 'patient', doesn't mean you are patient lol.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
The only consistency in the Dubas era is the team performing consistently worse as time goes on.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
There's this crazy world where Babcock was simply underperforming and needed to go, but that his firing wouldn't make us a perfect team

We look much better without Babs, but still have warts.
Nah, clearly the problem is the whole team. Let's dump Matthews to Arizona, Marner to whoever will take him, Tavares to whoever he'll waive for, and then we can tank and hope we can get a high pick. Wasn't 15 years of that so much more fun than this?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nah, clearly the problem is the whole team. Let's dump Matthews to Arizona, Marner to whoever will take him, Tavares to whoever he'll waive for, and then we can tank and hope we can get a high pick. Wasn't 15 years of that so much more fun than this?
Honestly, they both seem equally terrible right now. I never thought I'd hate a team this talented, but I do.

(No, I don't actually think rebuilding is an option or worthwhile fwiw)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

This IS the rational take tonight.

I hate losing to the Sabers especially, but this fanbase has been on edge/high strung lately so every minor thing ends up looking like the end of the world

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012

It’s completely unnecessary to treat an affable response like it was an insult or as though it was a stretch.

Assuming most Leafs fans have a frame of reference longer than 16 years of informed frustration, there’s nothing wrong in pointing the fact that this is a young club learning to compete in the NHL.

Dubas improved the coaching, got the necessary back-up (at a price that was acceptable) and our record long term under the coach and short term under Campbell has demonstrated a trend in overall improvement.

But losing the second of a back-to-back brings this thread out as necessary? It’s not necessary. It’s opportunistic and it’s alarmist and it’s naive.

Naive in that carting out nihilistic generalizations could be taken seriously given our upward trends or that doing so demonstrates a greater love for the club than those who absorb these losses without occassioning panic and despair.

And as for building through the draft...Are you sure you’re in the right place? I swear...Lately, it’s like a clan of trolls have gotten together to incite anxiety under the appearance of common affiliation when the reasons for concern demonstrate ignorance of our recent past and present.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Oh look, we lost a game, half of the fanbase loses it's crap, and massively over reacts. You can almost predict what this forum is going to look like these days. Imagine, that we are actually in a playoff spot, with a bunch of pretty young guys, and there are ups and downs? More than anything else, this team is not mentally strong yet. Maybe they never will be... but that's more on the players, than coaching, or GM, or anyone else. These guys are talented enough, but they aren't mentally strong yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad