Time to check back in on our awful predictions!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And he's gunning for 100 points in THIS era of hockey.

Maybe it kinda makes some people understand why I've often gotten so frustrated the last however many seasons. It's hard NOT to imagine what we've been missing.

Yeah, but the last few seasons have been health. Really, since Bylsma was fired, IF Geno is healthy, he's a force in the regular season and playoffs. And, remember two other things . . .

1. The last three years, the organization has made a conscious effort to make sure Geno doesn't play hurt. Remember JR's first year? They rushed him back twice from that ankle injury, only for him to aggravate it. He could barely skate, and it took him out of that playoff series with the Rangers. So, some of the games he's been missing has been by design, and IMO, it's been a smart design.

2. HGR and HGH have done a lot to help keep him healthy. With Phil and whoever, Geno has to kill himself to make sure the line keeps possession. A lot of physical dirty work. And, he has to be going full throttle every moment of every shift to make it work if Phil isn't going 100% himself. With HGR and HGH, he doesn't have to do the lion's share of the dirty work and IMO has taken less of a beating than he's taken the last two seasons.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I agree that the team has made more of an effort to alleviate him of some digging and mucking. They've certainly made him take his injuries more seriously.

But Geno is a physical player. It's in his nature to engage. Frankly I should have been more patient throughout the years. It's not like it's his fault. It just sucks to see a guy with so much talent and passion for the game miss so much of his prime career.

Obviously all that doesn't matter, now. It's not like he has anything left to prove. Though that won't stop him from taking the chip completely off his shoulder, much to the team's benefit.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I agree that the team has made more of an effort to alleviate him of some digging and mucking. They've certainly made him take his injuries more seriously.

But Geno is a physical player. It's in his nature to engage. Frankly I should have been more patient throughout the years. It's not like it's his fault. It just sucks to see a guy with so much talent and passion for the game miss so much of his prime career.

Obviously all that doesn't matter, now. It's not like he has anything left to prove. Though that won't stop him from taking the chip completely off his shoulder, much to the team's benefit.

Mario . . . :(

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah... same feeling, for sure.

Obviously a bit moreso with Mario. Dude is my all time favorite. Oddly it all kinda eats it's own tail... a big reason Malkin is my current-favorite is because his style reminds me a bit of Le Magnifique.

Reactions: KIRK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad