Time to call out Elias Pettersson

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He doesn't appear capable of elevating lesser lights which is normally a hallmark of a top tier #1 center.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I think he's trending in the right direction. Offensively he's snake bitten, but he's much more engaged defensively than say.... Miller, who is just standing there most of the time and never challenging the puck carrier. He's close. He will score next game.

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
He had his best game last night imo but you can tell he is playing scared. He just hasn't been able to win puck battles and is struggling with lack of space to create.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Last night he wanted the puck and was looking to be a difference maker. Looked much more engaged and confident

In a bunch of instances his line mates were unable to string things together to get a decent scoring chance or it ended up on Mikhayevs stick which is pretty much at best a shot to the chest right now.

Was really close to burying the rush in the 3rd over Saros' shoulder. And McDonagh did an amazing job smothering his chance at the side of the net. In hindsight a more confident Pettersson probably pulls that back and roofs it

On the PP they went to Miller vs him again and again because that is what has worked since the all star break. He was much better on the walls

I think he's about to break through if he can just keep building vs having any more set backs like at the start of the series where he looked overwhelmed and lacked speed and energy which was really odd.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I still think the Canucks take this series, but it’ll be really hard to take another without a significant improvement from Pettersson. Were some promising signs from him last game, and I think he was hurt more by his linemates not doing anything with the puck when he was giving it than previous games. I didn’t want to go to it before but I’d like to see Tocchet play the Lotto Line full time next game. Spreading out the offense doesn’t make sense if you’re still not generating offense. And if Pettersson can get some confidence back hopefully he can do more on his own line later in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad