Time For Former Oilers To Speak Up?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
and Ron Hextall and his comments about some other team's 'endless rebuild'....clearly a shot at the Oilers. funny how Hexi had the stones to fire his ex-teammate from the 80's in Craig Berube, but doesn't have the stones to fire a freeloader like Buchberger. i doubt Kevin Lowe has the stones to let MacT go down the road.
Howe does Kevin Lowe fire Craig Mactavish without it all blowing back onto him? Lowe has a longer list of disastrous hires than Mactavish does. This was the last idea he had left and not surprisingly, it hasn't worked. He's going to defend him the same way Mac T defends Eakins because he himself should be judged on this hire. These two guys are a package deal now and they both have to go at the same time, meaning it has to come from above them.

Too much time spent on ass covering and not enough time left over to do hockey work in this organization. Only so many hours in the day.:nod:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Howe does Kevin Lowe fire Craig Mactavish without it all blowing back onto him? Lowe has a longer list of disastrous hires than Mactavish does. This was the last idea he had left and not surprisingly, it hasn't worked. He's going to defend him the same way Mac T defends Eakins because he himself should be judged on this hire. These two guys are a package deal now and they both have to go at the same time, meaning it has to come from above them.

Too much time spent on ass covering and not enough time left over to do hockey work in this organization. Only so many hours in the day.:nod:

Burke had the stones to let Wilson go. I guess we know who would've won that no holds barred barn match now don't we?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Stauffer said 2 years ago that Lowe offered to Katz, to step away from the organization and Katz said no.

Pharmacy boy is the root of the problems here.

Cal Nichols wasn't a genius either but I doubt he and the EIG would stand around and watch this garbage happen.

It was a leave of absence for months to take the heat off the club, not stepping down per say and Katz said no.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I'm worried that the reason MacT defends Eakins so much and brings him up every chance he gets is because he wants to put him back in as head coach.

Two years left on his deal, and if MacT truly believes that Derek Roy is the reason that Nelson had so much success, I fear what he might be thinking.

I would legitimately just laugh and not watch oilers hockey till Lowe and MacT are gone.

And what? Get shipped out of town right away? Like Souray? Nothing good would come of current Oilers doing that.

I can see Hall asking for a trade or doing something like this to get a trade, id love to see all the youngsters just come out and say enough is enough, what are they going to do ship out all our young stars and start over on their precious rebuild.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I would legitimately just laugh and not watch oilers hockey till Lowe and MacT are gone.

I can see Hall asking for a trade or doing something like this to get a trade, id love to see all the youngsters just come out and say enough is enough, what are they going to do ship out all our young stars and start over on their precious rebuild.
The first thing they'll do is villify the players to try and get the fans on their side. They'll start a PR campaign against them. They'll say they were bad in the room and didn't want to be here. It isn't a mystery. We've seen them do it already with Souray, Smid and Perron.

KillStrake

Feb 9, 2015
Messier won't do anything. He's a scout for the team, so he's part of the "Old Boys CLub"

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
Yes. Trading Hall or Eberle would be interesting.

Trading Hall would be idiotic. He's one of the only players on our team who can drive the play.
Plus I'm sure many teams would be turned off by one of our star players calling out management. Meaning they could be hard to trade.

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton
There should be an Oiler's management celebrity roast. Tons of material to choose from.
It could be epic.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't think many of them care enough. How many of them still live in Edmonton and what good is it going to do them to do this?

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Hey guys, I was thinking, would Glen Sather come back and be Gm for us? Furthermore, would oiler fans be okay with another OBC here? He is proven as a great GM with what hes done with the rangers

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hey guys, I was thinking, would Glen Sather come back and be Gm for us? Furthermore, would oiler fans be okay with another OBC here? He is proven as a great GM with what hes done with the rangers
Sather has won his way back into the hearts of Ranger fans in the last two years so he won't be going anywhere. He'll retire or die there.

He's also 71 years old and was the Godfather of the OBC and creator of all the culture in this organization that needs to be changed. He was Lowe's mentor. He was another guy who had great difficulty firing his friends. Allowed Barry Fraser to run his scouting operation out of Mexico for years. Sather is easily a much better GM than Mactavish or Lowe but to me it would be much more of the same and at his age I'd just prefer to pass and go in a completely different direction.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
Trading Hall would be idiotic. He's one of the only players on our team who can drive the play.
Plus I'm sure many teams would be turned off by one of our star players calling out management. Meaning they could be hard to trade.

Hall is injury prone. It would be risky, yes, as would trading any other star player, but he might have a short career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad