Time For Classic: David vs Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
I'm satisfied no matter who wins. Sure I'm Canadian, so I'd like it if Canada won, but... You just can't help but like the Finns (unless you're Swedish or American). They definitely deserve to be there.

Last edited:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Shane said:
I'm satisfied no matter who wins. Sure I'm Canadian, so I'd like it if the Canadians won, but... You just can't help but liking the Finns (unless you're Swedish or American). They definitely deserve to be there.

Feel the same way. I'm definitely gonna be cheering for Canada, but Finland was my second favorite team going into the tourney.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I am on record here and on another website with my pre-tourney prediction: Canada over Finland 4-1 in the Final.

Nothing in the last couple of weeks is making me change my original prediction.

Kiprusoff, a solid blueline and tight defensive play by forwards capable of aggressive forechecking has led the Finns to the final as expected.

I also expected Kiprusoff to outplay whomever Canada puts in net (Kipper is Goliath), but it won't be enough. Canada is just too talented in every aspect of the game (Canada has a couple of dozen Davids with deadly slingshots).

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I agree. This is probably the perfect final. Should be very interesting. And, unlike most of the other games in this tournament, I'll actually be able to watch the final!

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Shane said:
I'm satisfied no matter who wins. Sure I'm Canadian, so I'd like it if Canada won, but... You just can't help but like the Finns (unless you're Swedish or American). They definitely deserve to be there.

Agreed.

If there's one team that has to be Canada, I'd want it to be the Finns.

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
VO #23 said:
I'll probably never say this again in my life, but I hope that Kiprusoff is pure shat on Tuesday night. :)

I hope he plays well and we see a tight, hard-fought game. Won by Canada of course :)

There's just something about Finland that makes them hard to dislike

feff

Feb 17, 2003
Tokyo
Visit site
As a Flames fan I want Kipper to stop 60 shots through 4 periods then have Iggy score in 2OT on a nice feed from Regehyr. Sakic gets the other stick. Iggy's shot takes a funny deflection off a stick or skate for the winner.

Final 1-0 Canada in 2OT.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Yay! You Canadians like us Finns. :)
...and I like Canada and Canadians. Hmm, Who wins? Uh, normally I would be cheering for Canada, but since a win would mean so much for Finland and Finnish hockey, I just have to believe Finland wins the game. But it's not the end of the wordl if Canada wins it. I'm happy no matter what happens. This is my dream final. :yo:

FinnoHab

Dec 21, 2003
Thailand
Well, what a nice little mutual admiration society this is turning out to be! I like Canada as much as the next guy but I'm hoping we get a biblical outcome, David beating Goliath.

Should be a well contested, closely fought final.

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
Mr. Penguin said:
Yay! You Canadians like us Finns. :)
...and I like Canada and Canadians. Hmm, Who wins? Uh, normally I would be cheering for Canada, but since a win would mean so much for Finland and Finnish hockey, I just have to believe Finland wins the game. But it's not the end of the wordl if Canada wins it. I'm happy no matter what happens. This is my dream final. :yo:

What's not to like about your team or your country? :handclap:

Good luck, but not too much good luck in the final.

SopelFan*

Shane said:
Feel the same way.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
David won vs. Goliath because he had God on his side... The Finns don't have any (known) help like that comming, and I don't see Canada getting outworked that much. They're blueline is too big and fast. With all that said, GO FINLAND!!! :yo:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
VanIslander said:
I am on record here and on another website with my pre-tourney prediction: Canada over Finland 4-1 in the Final.

For the love of god, we heard you the first 100 times!!! Why do you have to stick it to every thread, it doesn't make you any better/more respected here.

Better hope that the game will indeed end 4-1 to Canada or you will hear about your missed prediction for the rest of the year...sheesh...

Now about the game,

Czech game was probably a wake-up call for team Canada, they were badly outplayed by the czechs and only Luongo, some luck and couple of iffy noncalls saved Canada's bacon. I don't think Canada will make the same mistake again, I think Quinn will make sure that nobody underrates Finland and everybody plays with humble attitude.

I can't see Finland winning the game, there's simply too much talent against and even the better goaltending & workethic can't save Finland in the end.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Lyons71 said:
David won vs. Goliath because he had God on his side... The Finns don't have any (known) help like that comming, and I don't see Canada getting outworked that much. They're blueline is too big and fast. With all that said, GO FINLAND!!! :yo:

Koivu = God

LOL
Unbiased Canadian

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I'll admit one thing, I cant stand the Americans, Czechs and Russians. But the Finns have never rubbed me the wrong way. You have to like a team that has Koivu and the Kipper. That said I think that the Lemieux Sakic Iginla line will have a stellar game and prevail. 4-1 Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia