Confirmed with Link: Timashov traded to NYI

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
It would have been nice to get something, even a late pick for him but he was a free asset in the first place. He had an intriguing skill set for the bottom 6 but ultimately there probably wasn’t a spot for him up front and this Clears up the log jam.

I think a move like this looks good on Yzerman as well. Helping out a player and fellow GM at no harm to you is not a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Prettiest player on the team gone :/

Seriously, I was hoping to see him get a shot cause I think he's a decent player. Not too beat up about it though.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Prettiest player on the team gone :/

Seriously, I was hoping to see him get a shot cause I think he's a decent player. Not too beat up about it though.

If you want a specimen of a man, should think of getting Guddy on the team.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Does this open the door for Yzerman to sign or trade for an F? We have a lot but keep in mind that Nielsen and Erne are 2 of the 13 Fs listed on capfriendly. I'd imagine guys like Brome and Hirose will be given decent shots at making the team, but I'm just spitballing.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Does this open the door for Yzerman to sign or trade for an F? We have a lot but keep in mind that Nielsen and Erne are 2 of the 13 Fs listed on capfriendly. I'd imagine guys like Brome and Hirose will be given decent shots at making the team, but I'm just spitballing.
Evgeny Svechnikov is out of waiver options, opens up a spot for him as he has to be on the roster unless he's dealt.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'd have traded Hirose for a 6th or 7th before Timashov for nothing.

Someone has to want him. And would you trade for Taro Hirose if there were still guys like Haula, Granlund, AA, etc. still available on the FA market for absolutely free and likely to take incredibly cheap deals?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Someone has to want him. And would you trade for Taro Hirose if there were still guys like Haula, Granlund, AA, etc. still available on the FA market for absolutely free and likely to take incredibly cheap deals?
Yep, I'm aware. No, but I don't think any of those others would sign for less than $1.5M, most of them 2x probably (or more). Granlund, maybe $4/1yr, others $1.75-2.75ish/yr is my guess. All at least 2x an ELC salary is my point.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Evgeny Svechnikov is out of waiver options, opens up a spot for him as he has to be on the roster unless he's dealt.
I think you are correct, though Erne or Nielsen could be waived to make room since neither will get claimed. I guess Stevie is committed to his mistake, pretty minor issue though, a $1M 4th liner with no physical presence.

I would just as soon play Giovani over Erne, didn't really see any need to re-sign him.

Reactions: Winger98

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I think you are correct, though Erne or Nielsen could be waived to make room since neither will get claimed. I guess Stevie is committed to his mistake, pretty minor issue though, a $1M 4th liner with no physical presence.

I would just as soon play Giovani over Erne, didn't really see any need to re-sign him.
I think SY wants to create a culture of competition. Nobody's going to be gifted a spot. Maybe Svech because of waivers, but we'll see about that.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think SY wants to create a culture of competition. Nobody's going to be gifted a spot. Maybe Svech because of waivers, but we'll see about that.
Well he gifted Biega and Erne contracts for some reason. Neither did crap last season.

What happens with Svech depends on his knee, if it's not healed by now, I doubt he'll ever be 100%.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Well he gifted Biega and Erne contracts for some reason. Neither did crap last season.

What happens with Svech depends on his knee, if it's not healed by now, I doubt he'll ever be 100%.

Maybe he views them as "healthy scratches", meaning guys you are ok with sitting in the press box 60 games a year. I agree with your earlier post that you would rather see Smith play than Erne, but between the two, if one was going to play big minutes in the AHL and the other would sit in the press box 80% of the time, I would choose Smith in the AHL as well. Now if Erne plays on a regular basis, I'm right there with you.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

SY needed warm bodies, so I don't think he "gifted" anything. This team was just so bereft of talent, and he had to start somewhere. Biega and Erne, as well as Perlini and a couple others were "throw something at the wall and see if it sticks" signings imho.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I believe the Wings were 1 player away from the max number of roster players, so this opens the Wings up to acquiring another player.

Reactions: Gniwder

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am a little surprised Detroit didn't ask for JHS. Each youngster looking for a fresh start. JHS requested a trade last yr and was probably shocked and unhappy the isles qualified him. My guess is he'd hoped to get a training camp tryout with another organization. I'd like to see him stick and succeed in the nhl. Even in another organization.
Any idea if SY ever showed interest in JHS?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I am a little surprised Detroit didn't ask for JHS. Each youngster looking for a fresh start. JHS requested a trade last yr and was probably shocked and unhappy the isles qualified him. My guess is he'd hoped to get a training camp tryout with another organization. I'd like to see him stick and succeed in the nhl. Even in another organization.
Any idea if SY ever showed interest in JHS?

Josh Ho-Sang? ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
SY needed warm bodies, so I don't think he "gifted" anything. This team was just so bereft of talent, and he had to start somewhere. Biega and Erne, as well as Perlini and a couple others were "throw something at the wall and see if it sticks" signings imho.
I agree with the initial acquisition of all of the players. However, there was no need to extend Biega or Erne, and now there are much better player in UFA that can be had for the same amount of money.

It's a minor issue since the Wings will still suck, but those two contracts were mistakes. Nothing that matters in the long run, as long as he doesn't make the same mistake this offseason.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad