Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
IMG_2111.jpeg

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
My heart sank when I read this news. Wakefield was one of my all time favorite Red Sox as a kid and still to this day. I can't imagine the pain his wife and family must be feeling right now after getting hit with the double whammy cancer diagnosis and then to lose him so soon. I hope the Wakefield family stays strong in these trying times.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sean McDonagh did Tampa - Texas playoff game for ESPN and met with Texas and Rays managers & both Bruce Bochy & Kevin Cash in separate meetings before it started & both managers immediately brought up Wakefield how much he meant to them

Cash played with him when a third string catcher here & Bochy the eventual HOF manager was from same home town

I was watching mlb network & Sean Casey who was here in 2008 and Mark DeRosa who knew him and played against him for years were grief stricken

Truly a fantastic person and player. I was driving to get food and they broke into Sox pregame and Castigleone read the news - I was so stunned - this stuff of someone I never met but felt I knew kind of rocked me and a lot of others

Rip to a HOF at life

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
From reports I have heard, everyone seemed to note how Wake was doing ok after he had a recent surgery? It didn't seem like this was the result of a losing battle like Remy and that this day was imminent. I am just curious if there are other side effects of a brain tumor like possibly an aneurysm etc? Chalk my curiosity up to this being difficult to accept. When you see someone who looks completely fine and calling games. Any idea when the last game he called was? It's the suddenness of it all that gets you.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just saw a clip from AJ Pierzynski where he said Wake's son Trevor has special needs. Praying for the mother to make a full recovery.

• Wow
Reactions: EvilDead and BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
From reports I have heard, everyone seemed to note how Wake was doing ok after he had a recent surgery? It didn't seem like this was the result of a losing battle like Remy and that this day was imminent. I am just curious if there are other side effects of a brain tumor like possibly an aneurysm etc? Chalk my curiosity up to this being difficult to accept. When you see someone who looks completely fine and calling games. Any idea when the last game he called was? It's the suddenness of it all that gets you.
in kevin millars interview he said wake was fine up until a month ago when he went to docs for a hesdache. they did mri. found a tumor. had surgery 2 days later to remove it.
said he had to wait a month to start chemo. then sunday he had a seizure and sadly passed away.
same thing happened to my exes uncle. 2 months from diagnosis and he was gone.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
in kevin millars interview he said wake was fine up until a month ago when he went to docs for a hesdache. they did mri. found a tumor. had surgery 2 days later to remove it.
said he had to wait a month to start chemo. then sunday he had a seizure and sadly passed away.
same thing happened to my exes uncle. 2 months from diagnosis and he was gone.
Ah ok. I had a feeling it was gonna be something like that based on the fact everyone thought he was doing better. Makes it even worse really as it happened so suddenly.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The story from WCVB said he had a seizure and passed away. He was supposed to go to the Jimmy Fund Walk that day too :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad