What Do You Do With Jimmy Stü?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I'm pretty sure Stutzle is going to...

Sorry, just found my old copy of YTV's Big Fun Party Mix, but yes, he's going to stay, hopefully forever.

He clearly belongs at this level. The only thing to consider about keeping him is this team is such a steaming pile of Dorion that it could effect his development. Hopefully the guys can keep the room positive and at least throw a few wins together.

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
The team is an embarrassment from coaching, goaltending, and defensive effort. He has actually looked good to me ina disaster of a situation. The overpaid vets are the disaster and coaching that keeps playing them.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This kid doent need to dominate anymore in lessor leagues,he is a young nhl star and everyone can see it coming ...Let him play with the other kids on the roster,they will obviously go through hell this season...But it will make them all stronger for it in the future

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure what that other Stay song is but

"such a fine line I hate to see it go"

Last edited:

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Not sure what that other Stay song is but

"such a fine line I hate to see it go"

Soul Decision was an under the radar pop band from BC that was briefly well known for their song "Faded" in the late 90s which remains super catchy. Then they broke up and and the lead singer still sings, most notably on that Armin van Buren song "This is what it feels like" which you can hear constantly on the radio because technically it counts as "Canadian content".

Haha funny enough I've never heard the Jackson Browne song, before my time, but I do like his song in Fast Times. And Take it Easy is a killer song which he mostly wrote I believe.

...Anyways, this team is going to be incredibly unwatchable if Stutzle were to go to the A or Germany. He's got that explosive burst you see in studs like McDavid and Matthews where if they get the puck with a jump you just know they're going to do something dangerous. Hopefully over the next couple years Stutzle can build his game to be close to that level of talent.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Soul Decision was an under the radar pop band from BC that was briefly well known for their song "Faded" in the late 90s which remains super catchy. Then they broke up and and the lead singer still sings, most notably on that Armin van Buren song "This is what it feels like" which you can hear constantly on the radio because technically it counts as "Canadian content".

Haha funny enough I've never heard the Jackson Browne song, before my time, but I do like his song in Fast Times. And Take it Easy is a killer song which he mostly wrote I believe.

...Anyways, this team is going to be incredibly unwatchable if Stutzle were to go to the A or Germany. He's got that explosive burst you see in studs like McDavid and Matthews where if they get the puck with a jump you just know they're going to do something dangerous. Hopefully over the next couple years Stutzle can build his game to be close to that level of talent.
Yah he was buds with the Frey and Henley back then and has a credit on writing take it easy. Sounds like his style
Running on Empty was probably one of Jackson Brown's more famous songs.. He has quite a few. His song Cocaine is pretty good. (not anything like Claptons)

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

The crappiest member of soul decision is nephew of one of my old highschool teachers.

Not that big a deal. I still put my pants on one leg at a time.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure Stutzle is going to...

Sorry, just found my old copy of YTV's Big Fun Party Mix, but yes, he's going to stay, hopefully forever.

He clearly belongs at this level. The only thing to consider about keeping him is this team is such a steaming pile of Dorion that it could effect his development. Hopefully the guys can keep the room positive and at least throw a few wins together.

I think

people want to send him back

Reactions: SPF6ty9

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seriously though why the 3 options . Keep him vs Sens him home ; the nuances of Sending him home are not really adding anything

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Honestly, I just don't know. Under normal circumstances, I'd say let him stay and grow with the rest of our core kids (Brady, Bath & Chabot). But damn....this team is so dysfunctional right now. It has to be really rough in the room.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I say keep him up and keep his minutes in the 12-14 range. Play with steady players and let him push his way up to the top lines. Defensively, he has not different from any other 19yr old, a little behind the play. I can live with that

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I generally like to see the kids come up slowly, but I have no issue with him here. His passing and instincts are great, and showed speed enough. Losing lots of battles, but learning a ton.

While there are risks burning a year, having him come up for a new contract when he is 21 instead of 22 also can be a bonus. Sometimes that extra year before their bridge or next deal sees the player emerge into a totally different price range. For instance, Hossa took the extra year in junior and when he finished his rookie deal he was a 30 goal-75 point player, where as the year earlier he was a 56 point player. Sometimes you are in a better position to sign a guy to a better long-term deal when he is a 55 point 21 year-old, versus a 75 point, 22 year-old. Glass half-full perspective, I know.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Man I can see it now. Stutzle dangles two defenders, dishes to Batherson who goes between the legs to a wide open Stepan, who shoots it over the glass for a delay of game penalty.

After this hilarious comment and Stü's showings should we just lock this now?

I voted we keep him BTW.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
As painful as it is to burn a year of that deal it would be pretty ridiculous to send down what is easily our best player.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Bruce: When the Senators took Stuetzle as high as they did in the draft, they were convinced he could play in the NHL this season, and that’s certainly been the case. He doesn’t need to develop overseas, he needs to get used to playing the North American game and any thinking otherwise just doesn’t wash.

Continued in player thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad