Speculation: Tim Stützle's 7 Game Milestone is Approachin

What Do You Do With Jimmy Stü?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Torn on this one... Hopefully the AHL gets going .. in case he needs it going forward
Its a terrible situation Dorion has constructed for all of our young players in one way or another.
I see him working on his game and getting better.. I vote to keep him up

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Just burn his year, who cares...can always send him back even if he’s not performing well. It’s this line of overthinking that I believe has us in such a mess as a franchise. In 2 years time there’s no expansion franchise to worry about, just signing a bunch of young kids which should be straight forward as far as I’m concerned

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I say burn the year if he actually gets top PP time and top 6 minutes. If DJ wants to play him 10 minutes a night, send him back to Germany to kill it.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
How many games would he even get in if they sent him back to the Germany? With the 14 day isolation period he likely wouldnt get in a ton of games before the season ends.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
He hasn't looked out of place at all. Obviously he get's pushed around a bit but that's part of being a teenager in the NHL. If he was struggling I would say send him back but he isn't struggling more then anyone else on the team right now. Keep him in Ottawa and hopefully he makes it his home for a long time.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I really enjoyed him last night, and would prefer to see him continue to expand his game and his confidence here.

As bad as the team is, I think spending time with Brady and the young core will only do him good.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Play him with guys who can keep up with him in the offensive zone and he’ll flourish. He was weighted down by Brown and Tierney most of the season, lets see if him and Batherson can get some more chemistry going. And give him more PP time for christ’s sake. I swear if I see Stepan getting more PP time than him I’ll blow a gasket

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Just let him play with emphases on play.

Batherson and him can do damage on the same line, especially if they can get a good center between them

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I won’t change my vote but right now I’m *the* outlier.

He has been looking better and better. My recency bias is the massive step Batherson took with an extra year in the AHL. I wish Stü could play in the AHL, if there was an AHL.

That said, maybe the NHL is where he needs to be.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I won’t change my vote but right now I’m *the* outlier.

He has been looking better and better. My recency bias is the massive step Batherson took with an extra year in the AHL. I wish Stü could play in the AHL, if there was an AHL.

That said, maybe the NHL is where he needs to be.

Batherson was not the Elite prospect Stutzle is. Everyone doesn't need a full year in AHL to make it to the NHL.

If DJ uses him correctly, then he should be fine!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I say burn the year if he actually gets top PP time and top 6 minutes. If DJ wants to play him 10 minutes a night, send him back to Germany to kill it.
His PP TOI/GP has been increasing almost every game. Keep in mind, he's also still adjusting to the NHL so it's not wise to just throw heavy minutes at him. If by game 40 he's still being held back while showing good performance then I'd be willing to complain about his TOI.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It’s clear that he belongs. Sending him anywhere would stall his development IMO. Maybe see him at centre for the last 10-15 games.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Man I can see it now. Stutzle dangles two defenders, dishes to Batherson who goes between the legs to a wide open Stepan, who shoots it over the glass for a delay of game penalty.

Even more impressive is this is happening in the D-zone! Jimmy has declared we will NOT just throw it up the boards in desperation to clear the zone!

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Man I can see it now. Stutzle dangles two defenders, dishes to Batherson who goes between the legs to a wide open Stepan, who shoots it over the glass for a delay of game penalty.
While all that is going on gudbranson falls on his ass and trips an opposing player, so it’s now a 5 on 3

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
While all that is going on gudbranson falls on his ass and trips an opposing player, so it’s now a 5 on 3

Coach sends out Reilly to take the draw on the 5 on 3. On puck drop he falls to the ice and grabs the opposing players stick for another penalty.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
In my opinion, you play prospects at the highest level they're capable of playing. To me, seeing Stutzle get better every single night, getting more and more chances, you have to keep him up, what's he going to learn in Germany? If the team continues to be ass and his confidence is shaken, just send him down to the AHL for a stint once that gets going.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
He is getting better and better as the games go on. Due to this positive progression, he should stay in the nhl.

If he were to be sent anywhere it would have to be the AHL (better competition than the DEL and smaller ice surface).. sending him back to the DEL won't help because he already proved himself there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia