Tim Stützle's 7 Game Milestone is Approachin

Where to Do With Tim Stützle

• Total voters

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Send him home, he's now gotten his feet wet and Ottawa is going to take a pounding this year anyways.

It's not going to be detrimental to his development if he doesn't play a shortened, condensed season, Ottawa doesn't burn a year of his ELC and can let him play it out next year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Watching Vegas make every wrong decision with Cody Glass' first NHL year, I'm tempted to say send him down. But the only real argument is that Stutzle will have to carve out his development on a dumpster fire of a team. But he doesn't seem the type to let that deter him so screw it, keep him up.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
He's eclipsed the 15 minute mark once so far lmao. He should be playing 15 minutes a game, minimum. My God teams are stupid when it comes to handling top prospects.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Let him play. Jack Hughes was too raw for the league and my only concern there was injury. Stuetzle is already 19 and bigger than Jack was, so I think he is fine.

NHL experience cannot be replaced. I think some forget that and overvalue outside league experience over NHL experience, simply because it isnt norm.

Stuetzle's game seems NHL ready though raw. Plus Ottawa stinks. I say keep him up.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Hoping they let him play through it. So talented, I think eventually hits his stride w adequate usage.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My first thought was, "get him out of there". You really don't want your top prospect stuck in a rolling dumpster fire playing limited minutes. But the reality is...it's probably not going to all that different next year. You're going to have to break him in and have him take some big lumps with a bad NHL team at some point. Might as well get it over with i guess, and hope he has the mentality and resilience to overcome it. He's gonna have to have that either way, given the situation in Ottawa and where that team is at in their rebuild. You can't just bubble wrap him and store him on a shelf in Europe for years until the team starts to improve.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think he's good enough to stay in the NHL but I would still get him out of there. Let him dominate a lower level and come back next year ready to actually be a star in the NHL.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
He's eclipsed the 15 minute mark once so far lmao. He should be playing 15 minutes a game, minimum. My God teams are stupid when it comes to handling top prospects.

It never occured to you that rookies are sheltered for a reason?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Based on his play last night, he not only belongs in the NHL, but he's started to learn how to dominate it. I'm floored at how much he is improving game to game.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
He deserves to stay in the NHL, you don't want to piss off your future superstar player to try and save money, and besides burning a year might make his 2nd contract cheaper anyway.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Based on his play last night, he not only belongs in the NHL, but he's started to learn how to dominate it. I'm floored at how much he is improving game to game.
Its almost like if he gets more ice time and reps he gets better. Crazy concept! Maybe they will try it with a few other young players too.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
send him to a pro league that can give him 16-18 minutes for the time being and try again next year.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’ve watched only a few Sens games, but I’d say he is clearly ready for full time NHL employment.

Reactions: Kekumba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad