Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think it might be interesting for anyone wondering why he did not play center at the WJC.
When the U20 team started training camp in Germany the coaches had him play center with Peterka and somebody other than Elias (they didn't say who it was) on the wings. The coaches only changed the line to Stützle-Elias-Peterka when Tim told them that he was not comfortable taking face offs with his hand coming off surgery, so they slotted Elias in between Stützle and Peterka and that worked so well, that they stuck with it.

This makes his sheer dominance at the WJHC even more impressive.

Destroyed the tournament with one hand essentially.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I am suprised about the enormouspraise and excitement Stützle gets overseas. Sure he dominated in Germany at the junior level, but so have other before who didn`t really make in the professionals, let alone the NHL. So while I hope he will turn out great, I think I`d still pumb the breaks a little bit.
So what makes you guys so confident that he is NHL ready already? I mean let`s compare him to Draisaitl who, at least in Germany, was praised higher thah Stützle, yet had a really hard time in his first NHl season and wasn`t ready. So why do you guys think Stützle can already contribute?
Thanks for your answers.

It's Ottawa - we hype everybody! I mean go back and check, Brady Tkachuk is projected as a Franchise player by some! LOL

And the funny part is that they get mad if someone has realistic expectations and waits till the players actually prove themselves

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I've never understood the word sniper when used in hockey to mean someone that scores from long range.

Someone who can score goals, has a deadly release, and can thread the needle!

A sniper can see a brief opening (and is quick to identify it) and can consistently put the puck through it, from anywhere on the Ice, with any shot (wrister, slapper, snapper etc.)

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I am suprised about the enormouspraise and excitement Stützle gets overseas. Sure he dominated in Germany at the junior level, but so have other before who didn`t really make in the professionals, let alone the NHL. So while I hope he will turn out great, I think I`d still pumb the breaks a little bit.
So what makes you guys so confident that he is NHL ready already? I mean let`s compare him to Draisaitl who, at least in Germany, was praised higher thah Stützle, yet had a really hard time in his first NHl season and wasn`t ready. So why do you guys think Stützle can already contribute?
Thanks for your answers.

Ottawa's prospects are the fans' only saving grace. This has been an extremely tough few years, and the prospect pool is one of the few bright spots. Tim is the crown jewel of that prospect pool. To illustrate the connection to the prospect pool that fans have, many Sens fans are irate about the waiving of two relatively insignificant players - Chlapik and Balcers.

With that said, I think that Stuetzle would be highly anticipated by any team's fanbase. His WJC was eye opening, and he was only 18. Bright hockey minds like Ray Ferraro have high expectations for him as an NHL rookie, and I put a lot of stock into what Ray thinks.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
In my wildest fantasies Stuetzle scores 4 goals in his NHL debut (on his birthday) against Toronto and Elliotte Friedman is forced to tell Leafs fans they "have no soul" if they didn't enjoy it.

He’s not a 4 goal a game guy - hope I’m wrong. I’d take 2pts/2games vs the leafs.

Reactions: Silencio

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
In my wildest fantasies Stuetzle scores 4 goals in his NHL debut (on his birthday) against Toronto and Elliotte Friedman is forced to tell Leafs fans they "have no soul" if they didn't enjoy it.

Would like to see this; however, my wildest fantasies are not about hockey! :)

Reactions: Silencio

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Stepan and Dadonov would be great vets to staple to Stutzle (stepdaddys). Having those 2 on the ice and Brady/Norris off the ice should be great for him. The team’s really putting him in a position to succeed and with his sublime skill set I can’t wait to watch him take advantage and create magic every shift.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zub let him cut to the front of the net.

I think NHL defenders will be letting him cut to the net quite a bit. With his speed, ability to protect the puck and willingness to drive the net that scene will playout regularly.

Reactions: WaitingInVain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad