Confirmed with Link: Tim Gettinger signs ELC with Rangers

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I like this, he's having a great Draft +1 season. Hope the plan is to send him back to OHL next season though. Here are his visuals from Josh Khalfin.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Great news. He has developed well across the board this year. Still worry his skating will hold him back, but he has a good set of tools otherwise.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I like this, he's having a great Draft +1 season. Hope the plan is to send him back to OHL next season though.

ManUtd, the only way he doesn't play in the OHL is if he goes directly to the NHL...which won't happen. He is too young and doesn't have enough CHL seasons under his belt to play in the AHL. His ELC will slide a year, just like Zboro's will this year.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Good stuff, hope he continues to develop. While it would be nice if he could turn into an Eric Daze or a Tim Kerr :naughty: I'll settle for a Dwight King; beefy 4th liner that is a nightmare to play against and physical. Besides Dale Weise , Rangers haven't drafted one of those in ages.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Great news. He has developed well across the board this year. Still worry his skating will hold him back, but he has a good set of tools otherwise.

Ditto. He looks like he is balancing on stilts, lol. Then again, I've always thought Chara looks horribly uncomfortable skating...but he gets by.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
good move here.

hes got pretty good skills and his hands are solid. always like this kids upside. he does good working the net and cycles well. i like his ability to protect the puck and make nice passes.

hes so tall he looks awkward but his skating isnt terrible for having such long legs.

could be a beast down low on the pp with that big body and reach.

congrats kid.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
good move here.

hes got pretty good skills and his hands are solid. always like this kids upside. he does good working the net and cycles well. i like his ability to protect the puck and make nice passes.

hes so tall he looks awkward but his skating isnt terrible for having such long legs.

could be a beast down low on the pp with that big body and reach.

congrats kid.

Yeah, 6'5 is the new 5'8 more or less. But there have always been and there will always be exceptions to whatever rules apply at any time. Its seems like there is zero room for forwards with size in the game today, but there will still be like 5-10, 15, bigger forwards out there around the league. He needs to find a niche that works for him.

I think he looks good in the OHL, but OTOH he was very much behind the play in Traverse where the game was very fast for him.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He's pretty fast actually in a straight line, his agility and balance definitely needs some work though but his skating can be fixed, not like he's stuck in mud or anything.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's not slow, he's just not agile or quick. He's going to need to be smart and well-positioned. He can cover for some of it with his massive reach, but everyone in the NHL now is so quickly. Lots of smaller, shifty guys that can eat you alive.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He's not slow, he's just not agile or quick. He's going to need to be smart and well-positioned. He can cover for some of it with his massive reach, but everyone in the NHL now is so quickly. Lots of smaller, shifty guys that can eat you alive.

Yeah, get him setup with a good skating coach during the summers, work on his balance and agility.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Congrats Tim! Glad to have him signed, he's definitely one of the prospects that has shown serious progression this year. Could be our Mantha-lite in a few years if everything falls into place for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad