Tim Erixon

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
He's taken steps up the Skelleftea d-man depth chart, so he'll see considerably increased ice-time the upcoming season, judging by the pre-season games so far.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Top 4 guy. I don't think he'll ever be an offensive powerhouse because he lacks a great shot, but he skates and sees the ice very well. He also seems defensively responsible. He should be up with the Flames in 2 years or so.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I'm on the fence with this kid, he should be getting more minutes next year with Skelleftea.

As it stands now I have to agree with the masses, top 4 Dman in the 30 point range isn't a stretch at all.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Think Johnny Oduya-caliber. Perhaps a little bit better, maybe not as good. But that's a pretty good projection in terms of NHL role.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Erixon is way ahead in his development compared to Oduya though.
Oduya had played one game in Allsvenskan when he had one year left as junior, Erixon had played 92 games in SEL and put up 20 points.
Oduya is a late bloomer but still that's quite a difference.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I think this season will be huge for him, wouldn't be surprised if he makes the WC team next spring and is in the starting lineup for Calgary next season.

One Trick Pony*

He was my favorite d-man on the WJC squad after Adam Larsson, kid's a complete beauty. I think he definitely has 2nd pairing two-way upside.

One Trick Pony*

I think you mean third favorite d-man. Nobody could seriously not put OEL as #1 right?

To be honest, I really wasn't that fascinated by him at the World Juniors, sure he was putting up some stout numbers...but he just didn't seem really entertaining to watch.

He was spectacular at the WHC in May, however.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
For those watching in Sweden, how does his upside compare to Rundblad's? Obviously Rundblad has more pure upside offensively, but do they both have more or less #2/3 blueliner upside, just different styles?

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
For those watching in Sweden, how does his upside compare to Rundblad's? Obviously Rundblad has more pure upside offensively, but do they both have more or less #2/3 blueliner upside, just different styles?

I would agree with that to some point, Erixon is a safer bet to stay in the NHL long-term because he is a more well-rounded player, but Rundblad's got a higher ceiling.

Rundblad can become anything from a #2 to a career European-leaguer, but Erixon I would say is as much a sure-fire NHLer within the next five years barring serious injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad