Prospect Info: Tim Bozon released from hospital

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Oh wow. Wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery. A friend of mine who I grew up with recently had a case of this and she's been having heart complications ever since. She's scheduled for surgery in a few weeks. Scary stuff.

Don't know the severity of Tims case, but like I said, wishing him the best!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Meningitis (from Ancient Greek μῆνιγξ/méniŋks, "membrane"[1] and the medical suffix -itis, "inflammation") is an acute inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges.[2] The inflammation may be caused by infection with viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, and less commonly by certain drugs.[3] Meningitis can be life-threatening because of the inflammation's proximity to the brain and spinal cord; therefore, the condition is classified as a medical emergency.[2][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meningitis

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Almost every year one or more children/teenagers dies of that in the province.

A fast surgery and antibiotics are needed.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
People my age from Quebec will remember the massive vaccine campaign to protect kids from meningitis...I got the shot in elementary school back then.

Let's hope he pulls through and that he'll be okay. This is pretty damn serious.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
People my age from Quebec will remember the massive vaccine campaign to protect kids from meningitis...I got the shot in elementary school back then.

Let's hope he pulls through and that he'll be okay. This is pretty damn serious.

We haven't been vaccinated against the type B though, because we don't have vaccin for it.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Hum no it's an inflammation of the membrane covering the brain. It affects mainly children, but apparently there's more to it than I thought.
I remember my grandma used to tell me to never walk outside when it's cold with wet hair because I could easily get this.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully they caught it quickly. When did he last play?

Played February 28th and scored a goal..

Missed March 1st game against the Prince Albert Raiders.

Article says he was hospitalized in Saskatoon, which was the team he scored against on February 28th. So presumably they caught it either after the game or that morning.

I'd say, by this, it's likely they got it early enough. Definitely my hopes.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
I had viral meningitis a few years ago, but thankfully it wasn't life threatening or anything. Took me about 3-4 hospital visits for the doctors/nurses to finally diagnose me correctly... I had migraines for about 2-3 weeks non-stop and random occurring migraines for about a month after that... and I felt like complete **** for about 6 months afterwards.

Hope he comes out of this perfectly fine.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Mortality rates for adult bacterial meningitis are close to 15%, with about 30% of community acquired having a neurological complication. Hopefully, they got it soon or it's only viral and he's clinically fine.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
friend of mine got it, it happened in china, first doctor couldn't be bothered to figure out what was going on (oooh white people), by the time she got to a second doctor, it was very bad and she almost died. spent weeks in the hospital. scary ****

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I had viral meningitis a few years ago, but thankfully it wasn't life threatening or anything. Took me about 3-4 hospital visits for the doctors/nurses to finally diagnose me correctly... I had migraines for about 2-3 weeks non-stop and random occurring migraines for about a month after that... and I felt like complete **** for about 6 months afterwards.

Hope he comes out of this perfectly fine.

Bacterial meningitis is the scary one there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad