Confirmed with Link: Tikker Returns - Dustin Tokarski, 2-way, $775K ($450K AHL)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Part of this continues to be culture - Tokarski was a part of the Admirals Calder team that set the table for the Lightning 2010's runs with Cooper. That was why they brought him in in the first place, he's a good AHL tender and a great culture guy who they know. That was why they said they signed him in the first place and seems to be what the return is about as well.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I wonder if Housecat gets the JAX gig or if he is able to get something in a different pro league. I half expect him to jump to the NL so SHL.

I think he was fine playing in Cincy last year but the Sabres called up UPL and he played it out in Rochester. He might be fine on an AHL deal with Rochester knowing he'll be in Jax - which won't suck in the winter.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think he was fine playing in Cincy last year but the Sabres called up UPL and he played it out in Rochester. He might be fine on an AHL deal with Rochester knowing he'll be in Jax - which won't suck in the winter.

Funny, I just got the Icemen text for opening night tickets. If Housecat signs today for them, I would be game. He's one of the best minor league stories around this team in the last few years.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Funny, I just got the Icemen text for opening night tickets. If Housecat signs today for them, I would be game. He's one of the best minor league stories around this team in the last few years.

I'd go either way. Minor league hockey is FUN.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
So between this + the Cooley signing, do you all think it’s safe to say that Levi is in Buffalo for sure this season?

That’s what I am thinking. Which also makes me think it might just be a 3 headed goalie carousel again. Levi getting the most starts (assuming he can handle it) with UPL/Comrie/Tokaraki and maybe Cooley battling for the 3rd spot.

I guess a trade or another signing could still happen. We will see.

IMO It would be far from ideal having 2 unproven younger guys splitting starts for Buffalo.
Hard to develop 2 goalies at once, I’d think. I guess we’d just have to hope Levi is ready or UPL takes a step forward in his development…

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
So between this + the Cooley signing, do you all think it’s safe to say that Levi is in Buffalo for sure this season?

That’s what I am thinking. Which also makes me think it might just be a 3 headed goalie carousel again. Levi getting the most starts (assuming he can handle it) with UPL/Comrie/Tokaraki and maybe Cooley battling for the 3rd spot.

I guess a trade or another signing could still happen. We will see.

IMO It would be far from ideal having 2 unproven younger guys splitting starts for Buffalo.
Hard to develop 2 goalies at once, I’d think. I guess we’d just have to hope Levi is ready or UPL takes a step forward in his development…
Yes I assume you're correct. I would expect to see Comrie traded more than Levi in Rochester.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Good for AHL.

Fun fact: Tokarski has a better NHL career save percentage and GAA than Comrie and UPL. Well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad