Proposal: Tierney to Pittsburgh

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Don't be surprised if the Avs are in on Murray this off-season. Will depend on how well Grubs performs in the playoffs. Murray too I suppose.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Why does everyone keep trying to trade Ottawa a goalie? They have two goalies signed on one ways and a ton of prospects. No terribly shitty ones either.

Ottawa is the last place on earth who is going to take on a big money contract like Bjustad. Literally the last place.

I mean, Tierney is not some big value guy and I'm sure Ottawa would trade him, but if this was the return, I'd gag.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
What would the Avs move for Murray in your mind?

Also @Soggy Biscuit why are we making this move?
Sakic has interest in murray. In fact they inquired last year about him.. alot of teams have interest from toronto to san jose. They avs will be in on him should he hit the market. Pens will ask for a young D man

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I just don't see OTT being a team that has interest in a guy like Bjugstad, even if they win the deal otherwise.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No thanks, Gimme john marino

giphy.gif

To add a good two-way 3C and shed salary.

Contingent on not being able to sign Murray and Jarry to reasonable short-term deals.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Tierney is an RFA though who would likely cost just the same as Bjugstad if not more and Murray’s cap increase would likely already be absorbed by Pettersson’s raise.

We're going to be paying Pettersson anyway, and Tierney represents a sizable upgrade on Bjugstad.

I'd prefer to keep Murray and Jarry, but if that's not possible I'd like to get back a roster player who can help the team now. If not Tierney, I'm open to other players.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We're going to be paying Pettersson anyway, and Tierney represents a sizable upgrade on Bjugstad.

I'd prefer to keep Murray and Jarry, but if that's not possible I'd like to get back a roster player who can help the team now. If not Tierney, I'm open to other players.

I just don’t see the justification of paying 7-8 mil on McCann and Tierney.

I guess we could move McCann out for a cheap wing option.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I just don’t see the justification of paying 7-8 mil on McCann and Tierney.

I guess we could move McCann out for a cheap wing option.

McCann may yet flourish on wing. I'd like to keep both around personally, since they're both good two-way ~40 point forwards.

If the Pens are sold on McCann as the 3C, we ought to look at other options.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
definitely, I don't see a trade here is what I'm getting at. I don't see an unsigned goalie being enough to get rid of a backloaded contract (euge doesn't like those)
There is if that goalie is a 25 year old starter who has 2 cups and a winning pedigree...pens are set up front . They will ask and probably get a younger D man for murray.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
that bjugstad deal is....kinda bad. the value of unloading it is probably worth a 2nd.

also its 5.25 mil cash...eugene aint touching that for a bottom 6 guy

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I’d do it as an Ottawa fan although you’d need to take one of Hogberg, Daccord or Nilsson back and maybe subtract Bjugstad. Ottawa has a plethora of goaltending depth and it doesn’t make sense to add without subtracting also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Really doesn't do anything for Ottawa. Plus we don't need to take on salary at this point. The one area where we have more than enough bodies is in net.

And Pens would be stupid to move Murray at this time. Goalies are voodoo....a kid having a great 20 games means jack squat in the NHL. Jarry could easily turn into a pumpkin next season (or whenever play resumes).

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Don't be surprised if the Avs are in on Murray this off-season. Will depend on how well Grubs performs in the playoffs. Murray too I suppose.

Sakic has interest in murray. In fact they inquired last year about him.. alot of teams have interest from toronto to san jose. They avs will be in on him should he hit the market. Pens will ask for a young D man
I think the Avs' interest in Murray was near the deadline when Grubauer was injured. Unless Grubauer has a dreadful playoffs I don't see why Sakic would want to make that move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad