Tied for 5th in the NHL

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Was anybody stating that wasn't the issue? That's obviously the problem, and it will continue to be a problem until we get a legit top 6

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Well ****. We have three fourth lines. Of course we need offense.

Apr 6, 2011
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
xxxx-Pleks (still has a few good years left)-xxxx

rest has to be built from scratch.

PunkinDrublic*

Was anybody stating that wasn't the issue? That's obviously the problem, and it will continue to be a problem until we get a legit top 6

Quoted from Mr Hab in another thread ! So to answer your question, yep.

"We need a #4-5 dman (unless Beaulieu, Tinordi, Drewiskie are all ready for #5-6-7 positions). But adding to our #4-5 positions can only be good for our d-core. "

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I guess that's why EVERY trade proposal is for a scoring winger and not a shut down defencman. Just saying.

* every equals most, not literally every.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think the return of Galchenyuk will help and hopefully Beaulieu can start to contribute on the PP and give us 2 good waves.

I'm obviously not adverse to getting more scoring (only if the price is right) but I'd like to see how the team does as is.

The only player I'm really dying to get rid of (and also one that's actually feasible to be rid of) is Gionta and I doubt he can get us that could drastically help in the offense department.

Say what you want about Bourque but he's been more or less relegated to the 3rd line all year and his goal scoring from that perspective is very respectable. His cap isn't killing us and he can be effective. If he was relied on to be a top liner and making 5 million+ than I'd be mad.

I swear by everything holy that even with his inconsistencies, I've seen him have more good games than Gionta who some how gets by with 'not being totally awful' but never ever never ever has a game where he sticks out for 60 minutes.

When was the last time you've said 'hey Gionta looks really great tonight?' yet I keep hearing about how Bourque played great but we'll never see it again. Weird to me.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I was about to forget about our putrid offense...

Gionta :cry:
Bourque :cry:
Briere :cry:
Desharnais :cry:
Parros :cry:
Eller :cry:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Yep. Even when we were getting lit up night after night we knew the defense would turn around but the offense has been mediocre all year and with the PP going cold it got even worse.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
We really do need to package a few good assets that include Eller + Very good prospect plus a first for a bonafide scorer. We need someone on Pleks wing ASAP.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
We need to play quick transition and keep the damn puck more. In that regards, Galchenyuk will certainly help. Eller needs to play better as he's one of our better puck possession players.

Also, having Jagr instead of Danielle would've helped greatly in terms of possession, goal scoring and overall depth.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Yeah, Desharnais has been terrible at producing offense the last few months.

doesn't count, he's just leaching off pacioretty :sarcasm:

as for why our offense sucks? it's the system. plain and simple. i still don't know why therrien just suddenly decided to change the system but someone on this board either read this somewhere or offered this theory by themselves, and i find it interesting: therrien changed to the new system because he didn't believe the old system could do well in the playoffs

it's possible...

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Yeah, Desharnais has been terrible at producing offense the last few months.

Doesn't like DD= He sucks at producing offense.

Hawkguy's logic :handclap:

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We really do need to package a few good assets that include Eller + Very good prospect plus a first for a bonafide scorer. We need someone on Pleks wing ASAP.

Really really really against trading Eller. His trade value has to be really low and even if it wasn't it's just not a good idea. We need more big centres not less. Galchenyuk isn't ready yet.

He's way better than he's been playing of late.

I remember when Gallagher was in a slump earlier in the season, most of this board written him off as a 3rd liner, hahahaha. We gotta stop all this reactionary junk. Eller's not the problem. He has limitations but he's just way too well rounded to give up on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad