Tiebreaker - Benning's 5th Worst Move

What is Benning's 5th worst move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
The Hamhuis non-trade and Gilman firing are tied in their battle to be Benning's 5th worst move. Now you need to break that tie.

The next poll will be to slot in the Tyler Myers contract in the top 5 or move it into the pool with the other choices.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Again pushing for the Hamhuis non-trade here because Gilman would have been handcuffed working for Benning anyway more-so than a draft pick being wasted, especially when you consider we have a chance of snagging Matthews if Hamhuis doesn't win us a couple games.

Last edited:
Reactions: racerjoe

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Again pushing for the Hamhuis non-trade here because Gilman would have been handcuffed working for Benning anyway more-so than a draft pick being wasted, especially when you consider we have a chance of snagging Matthews if Hamhuis doesn't win us a couple games.
That’s why it’s #5 instead of #1, though. I was more pissed about the summer of 2015 at the time, but just kind of laughed at the Hamhuis/Vrbata thing.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I found this one hard even though technically it should be easy. Benning wasn't about to listen to Gilman anyway, so firing him had no real effect.

I treated the issue though as including not listening to Gilman or being willing to consider what he did to be important and voted for the Gilman firing. The firing of Henning was horrible as well. I personally think the firing of Eric Crawford was bad as well, but it is probably saved by Brackett being a competent replacement.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Firing Gilman for sure.

My understanding of the narrative is he didn't like some of the contracts being offered which led to his dismissal. I could be wrong, but a lot of pieces fit.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I definitely think firing Gilman had way more long-term negative consequences for the organization.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
Poll's closed, but I'd vote Gilman firing. Not sure what the whole story behind his dismissal is, but I was a huge fan of his work.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00