Tie Domi's New Book

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Because he took Tie aside and told him to stop showboating? The Rangers were a team with Stanley Cup aspirations, and Messier didn't think there was room for WWE antics. Nothing wrong with that.

What Tie did was nothing abnormal, Mess was just a bully

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
What Tie did was nothing abnormal, Mess was just a bully

Really? Making title belt motions on your waist or miming speed boxing on your way to the box just draws unneeded attention to yourself. Mess wanted to make the Rangers into a team that put their head down and went to work, and that stayed focused on the task at hand. Tie's antics could detract from that. So he pulled him aside after the game and explained to him what being a pro and a leader was like, and then took him out for drinks after. Being a bully would be chastising him in front of the entire team, then ostracizing him. What Mess did made Tie a better person and player, and Tie said so himself.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Only guys I ever heard loving him are the Vito from Woodbridge types who wanted him to be Captain.

"Give Domi the C, Sundin sucks".

Out of all the Leafs I've seen over the years, he would rank as my most hated.

Idiot on and off the ice.

Sounds bang on & ditto.

Leaf Shaker

Aug 25, 2005
Only guys I ever heard loving him are the Vito from Woodbridge types who wanted him to be Captain.

"Give Domi the C, Sundin sucks".

Out of all the Leafs I've seen over the years, he would rank as my most hated.

Idiot on and off the ice.

So this guy played over a 1000 games in the best hockey league in the world.
Made millions of dollars.
Has a son who's an amazing player.
And now wrote a book.

I would say he's done something right.

He did all this while you were accumulating your thousands of posts.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Tie needs to stop plucking those eyebrows

domi.jpg

I can imagine Vikings mounting that thing on a stick and caving in castle walls with it!

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
And now wrote a book.

You can be successful and still be an idiot.:amazed:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Despite making millions, having a long NHL career, etc... I've heard enough stories about Tie Domi to probably consider him to be one huge loser.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Just because he's successful doesn't mean he can't be a dick. I've never met the man, so I can't weigh in. But if I called Donald Trump an idiot, is it because I'm just jealous?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Just because he's successful doesn't mean he can't be a dick. I've never met the man, so I can't weigh in. But if I called Donald Trump an idiot, is it because I'm just jealous?

No but it also doesn't mean he doesn't have lots that could cause people to be jealous.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
No but it also doesn't mean he doesn't have lots that could cause people to be jealous.

So if both are equally plausible, what does it add to the discussion to accuse the guy of making it up out of jealousy? If that poster were jealous of players just because of success, I doubt he'd be posting on a hockey forum, because he'd hate all the players.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Because he took Tie aside and told him to stop showboating? The Rangers were a team with Stanley Cup aspirations, and Messier didn't think there was room for WWE antics. Nothing wrong with that.

Messier had a colourful history with the Canucks. A post earlier here on HFBoards goes over it quite well. I can't say that it's 100% all true, but it does paint an interesting picture, especially since there's obviously parts that were omitted.

As for Tie Domi... I prefer not to talk about him. I still can't believe he elbowed Niedermayer.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Messier had a colourful history with the Canucks. A post earlier here on HFBoards goes over it quite well. I can't say that it's 100% all true, but it does paint an interesting picture, especially since there's obviously parts that were omitted.

As for Tie Domi... I prefer not to talk about him. I still can't believe he elbowed Niedermayer.

I can't speak to his time in Vancouver, but what he did with Tie in the incident in question was fine. Sounds like he won't be appearing at any Legends games in Vancouver any time soon though lol

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So if both are equally plausible, what does it add to the discussion to accuse the guy of making it up out of jealousy? If that poster were jealous of players just because of success, I doubt he'd be posting on a hockey forum, because he'd hate all the players.

Sadly, with some it does seem that way.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

I've never understood the reverence for Messier. I was actually kind of glad when he left.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
And now wrote a book.

So you have met him, and didn't find him to be arrogant or cocky? I personally have not, but I know some who have that echo the same sentiment as ACC1224. Not everyone basing their comments on assumptions but factual experiences.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I could say tons and lots but I seem to be on a watchlist, I cannot say anything. Can I say this for an ugly guy he sure had a lot of gorgeous women....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad