Tickets/Selling the franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshman

May 25, 2013
Hi guys,
I have booked flights for Mar/Apr next year to catch some sport in NY. You lot are high on my list of places to go and see...can't wait. Just wondering where is the best place to buy legit tickets for single games? Stubhub? How much should I be paying for decent seats?

Also, with all the talk of a sale going on...what will this mean for the franchise. Excuse my ignorance, but could a franchise go bust? How likely is it with you guys as you seem to be a relatively smaller team, despite your very highly respected past successes? Will the new guys look to pump money in been as you're moving next year?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Hi guys,
I have booked flights for Mar/Apr next year to catch some sport in NY. You lot are high on my list of places to go and see...can't wait. Just wondering where is the best place to buy legit tickets for single games? Stubhub? How much should I be paying for decent seats?

Also, with all the talk of a sale going on...what will this mean for the franchise. Excuse my ignorance, but could a franchise go bust? How likely is it with you guys as you seem to be a relatively smaller team, despite your very highly respected past successes? Will the new guys look to pump money in been as you're moving next year?

whaaaaaa???

in before the lock

BroadwayJay*

Excuse my ignorance, but could a franchise go bust?

No. Sports in the states are quite a bit more "big time" than they are in Europe, with the exception of a handful of European franchises (Man City, United, Barca, etc...)

All of our teams play in massively expensive arenas and stadiums, the prices are generally outrageous, and the players are paid exceptionally well.

There was a time when teams went bust, but it hasn't happened in a very long time and it probably won't happen again.

So no, our franchise is NOT going bust. They are moving to New York City, which ALONE, is three times the size of the entirety of Wales and MASSIVELY more wealthy. NYC's GDP alone, is about half of the ENTIRETY of Great Britain. It is equal to Spain, Australia, and Mexico. That is NEW YORK CITY alone.

This franchise is never, ever, ever going bust.

Come see the barn, enjoy your time. Eat some pizza here, it'll change your life.

welshman

May 25, 2013
Cheers fella :yo: I was just looking on Forbes and knew you were moving next year. I wondered how much of an impact it would make financially etc. Especially as there is talk of an NFL team coming to the UK within the next 10 years with possibly the Panthers or someone like the Buccs making way? Maybe I'm way off the mark though?

Any ideas where I can pick up the cheapest tickets?

No. Sports in the states are quite a bit more "big time" than they are in Europe, with the exception of a handful of European franchises (Man City, United, Barca, etc...)

All of our teams play in massively expensive arenas and stadiums, the prices are generally outrageous, and the players are paid exceptionally well.

There was a time when teams went bust, but it hasn't happened in a very long time and it probably won't happen again.

So no, our franchise is NOT going bust. They are moving to New York City, which ALONE, is three times the size of the entirety of Wales and MASSIVELY more wealthy. NYC's GDP alone, is about half of the ENTIRETY of Great Britain. It is equal to Spain, Australia, and Mexico. That is NEW YORK CITY alone.

This franchise is never, ever, ever going bust.

Come see the barn, enjoy your time. Eat some pizza here, it'll change your life.

BroadwayJay*

Cheers fella :yo: I was just looking on Forbes and knew you were moving next year. I wondered how much of an impact it would make financially etc. Especially as there is talk of an NFL team coming to the UK within the next 10 years with possibly the Panthers or someone like the Buccs making way? Maybe I'm way off the mark though?

Any ideas where I can pick up the cheapest tickets?

Stubhub.

No NFL team is MOVING to the UK. You might get an expansion though.

Team movements are becoming more and more rare. And the NFL is just so profitable it is unreal.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
We have a ticket request/selling thread in the stickies above & search for the discussion about the sale it's up there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad