Tickets for tomorrow night

huge*

Hey guys some friends and I are coming tomorrow night from Niagara Falls area. Stubhub prices are killing me right now. Looking for 3-4 tickets. Would we be better off hitting up a scalper? Looking for some advice since you guys deal with it there more often than I have. Thanks.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would not trust scalped tickets, there are fakes, and for those prices it is not worth taking the chance. People get burned every sporting event.

Prices are going to be ridiculous. The demand is not the same as it was the first couple of years, I got $600 a ticket for the opening game when the new arena opened, for tickets that cost me about $80 each that year.

But with a 10,000 plus person waiting list, and only 43 people giving up their seats last year, it is almost at those levels. Remember almost half the schedule has been elimintated which means fewer games for the demand, and additionally less season ticket holders willing to sell tickets. I divide my play three ways, 8 games is a LOT different than 16 in my desire to sell any of them.

Add to it that the Home opener always will set you back, and you get ridiculous prices. I would suggest choose a game later in the year or bite down and spend the money.

Oh yeah, there is a thread for this stickied above.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
I would prob look at ebay but you will most likely have to buy in two seat auctions. I usually can grab them cheap day of off there. Home Opener is something I never tried. Good luck.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Depending on where the seats are that's not terrible... for 2013.

I agree. By no means I am saying it is cheap, it sure isn't. Just saying it is decent for current NHL prices, and the team we have, and opening night. A couple Pen's games in the lower bowl would get you a 20 game pack for many baseball teams, as a comparison with other sports.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That is no markup at all over gate and $30 over seasons ticket prices. For the opening game. Add to it you get three vouchers for concessions for the first four games which is worth around $20 and get access to the half price at the Pens' store and it is a pretty good price.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Can you go into the store without a ticket? I'd like to snag some t shirts for $12 or so.

Azkals

Jun 15, 2012
I would try ticketexchange (ticketsnow.com). They've got some killer deals on there. I'd also keep checking ticketmaster. Tickets have been popping up on there all day today (but the tickets on ticketexchange might actually be cheaper).

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
I would not trust scalped tickets, there are fakes, and for those prices it is not worth taking the chance. People get burned every sporting event.

Prices are going to be ridiculous. The demand is not the same as it was the first couple of years, I got $600 a ticket for the opening game when the new arena opened, for tickets that cost me about $80 each that year.

But with a 10,000 plus person waiting list, and only 43 people giving up their seats last year, it is almost at those levels. Remember almost half the schedule has been elimintated which means fewer games for the demand, and additionally less season ticket holders willing to sell tickets. I divide my play three ways, 8 games is a LOT different than 16 in my desire to sell any of them.

Add to it that the Home opener always will set you back, and you get ridiculous prices. I would suggest choose a game later in the year or bite down and spend the money.

Oh yeah, there is a thread for this stickied above.

It's like that here with the Winnipeg Jets! I am glad I have season tickets in 4 seats with the account under my name! WOOHOO! *fist pump*

btw I am seeing the Pens this Friday. Crosby has never come here, and I never got to see No. 66 play against the old Jets. So please Sid, make the trip! :praying:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It's like that here with the Winnipeg Jets! I am glad I have season tickets in 4 seats with the account under my name! WOOHOO! *fist pump*

btw I am seeing the Pens this Friday. Crosby has never come here, and I never got to see No. 66 play against the old Jets. So please Sid, make the trip! :praying:

Well it is not like it was the first couple years since the new arena opened, but still strong. You guys, having not had hockey at all for so long the effect likely does not diminish at all for even longer. Congratulations on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad