Tickets for February matches - coming from UK

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Lifelong Oilers fan here, top of the bucket list for a long time has been coming to Edmonton to see the Oil!

Looks like we might finally be coming in February, so i'm just wondering if you have any advise regarding tickets - wheres the best place to buy, and i presume the earlier the better?

I also presume the schedule is very unlikely to change?

Thanks for your time and advice.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
You should have no trouble getting tickets on Stubhub or Ticketmaster exchange. I would just wait until you actually land in Canada.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I've generally bought in advance through ticketmaster.ca, but a couple of times when visiting i've took in an extra game getting tickets off the exchange

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Stubhub, Gametime, etc all good. Should have no issue getting tickets and unless its a big game (leafs, habs, flames etc) you can wait to buy tickets, it will most likely be cheaper

Reactions: Magnum23

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Lifelong Oilers fan here, top of the bucket list for a long time has been coming to Edmonton to see the Oil!

Looks like we might finally be coming in February, so i'm just wondering if you have any advise regarding tickets - wheres the best place to buy, and i presume the earlier the better?

I also presume the schedule is very unlikely to change?

Thanks for your time and advice.

if you don't care for particular seats don't get tickets ahead of time. You can literally wait in hall 35-40 mins before game and land some amazing deals on your phone. Then use that extra money you "saved" on overpriced beer or the 50/50

I've generally bought in advance through ticketmaster.ca, but a couple of times when visiting i've took in an extra game getting tickets off the exchange

Don't buy from ticketmaster, if you don't want to pay premium :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
if you don't care for particular seats don't get tickets ahead of time. You can literally wait in hall 35-40 mins before game and land some amazing deals on your phone. Then use that extra money you "saved" on overpriced beer or the 50/50

just curious if you don't buy them from ticketmaster which ticket app do you use?

I miss when you could just show up and get tickets from scalpers. They were usually firesale prices. Now all the markup with service fees etc. Was never easier than handing somebody a 20 and getting a ticket. Transaction would take 1 second. Progress....

Reactions: oilers'72

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England

Honestly as much as ticketmaster suck i've not yet experienced their variable pricing where they randomly increase ticket price to 'stop scalping' at least when it comes to hockey

March 08 vs Coyotes (ebay) - doubt this would be available anymore
March/April 2011 @ Van, vs Van, @ Cal (ticketmaster)
Feb 2016, vs Ducks (exchange), vs Min (ticketmaster)
October 2016 vs Cal (exchange)
Nov 2017 @ NYI, @ NJD, @ NYR (ticketmaster)
Oct 2018 @ NJD in Gothenburg (ticketmaster)
December 2019 vs Cal (ticketmaster), vs NYR (exchange)

Paid as little as $15 for 2ns row next to the penalty box vs the ducks and up to $1500 for seats behind the Oilers bench for the opening game at rogers

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
just curious if you don't buy them from ticketmaster which ticket app do you use?

I miss when you could just show up and get tickets from scalpers. They were usually firesale prices. Now all the markup with service fees etc. Was never easier than handing somebody a 20 and getting a ticket. Transaction would take 1 second. Progress....

Depends on the game of course but I got some great deals on tickpick, game time, fan first and even kijiji and Facebook marketplace.

During the playoffs sellers were listing exact same tickets on multiple apps and I was shocked to see Tickmaster and Stubhub prices being significantly ($100-$150) more expensive. Imo tickmaster/stubhub became a monopoly, and people trust the brand , so sellers usually put their highest ask on there

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Honestly as much as ticketmaster suck i've not yet experienced their variable pricing where they randomly increase ticket price to 'stop scalping' at least when it comes to hockey

March 08 vs Coyotes (ebay) - doubt this would be available anymore
March/April 2011 @ Van, vs Van, @ Cal (ticketmaster)
Feb 2016, vs Ducks (exchange), vs Min (ticketmaster)
October 2016 vs Cal (exchange)
Nov 2017 @ NYI, @ NJD, @ NYR (ticketmaster)
Oct 2018 @ NJD in Gothenburg (ticketmaster)
December 2019 vs Cal (ticketmaster), vs NYR (exchange)

Paid as little as $15 for 2ns row next to the penalty box vs the ducks and up to $1500 for seats behind the Oilers bench for the opening game at rogers
What you said might be true but not my experience during the playoffs. So many new apps popping up with better deals and also saw desperate re-sellers trying to off-loading last minute tickets on other apps for literally $100 less than asking price on TM

Stubhub, Gametime, etc all good. Should have no issue getting tickets and unless its a big game (leafs, habs, flames etc) you can wait to buy tickets, it will most likely be cheaper

Is stubhub still good for NHL? Haven’t used them in a minute, they were the most expensive during the playoffs .....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad