Ticket Codes/Single Ticket Release

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
So I'm on the list for Ticketmaster to hopefully get the codes tonight to allow to me hopefully buy tickets tomorrow morning. Anyone else trying?

If I do get a code and one of you don't, I could possibly try to add a ticket or two if possible (as long as it's the game I'm going to)

Im trying for any (preferably game 1 but I know that's a pipe dream) of the Canucks games or the one Bruins game.

Gonna be my twin daughters first hockey game. 5 months old so they won't remember but still pretty exciting.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
holy cow. tried to sign up and got the access code. I’m going to be in town for a game in November but those prices are crazy. I didn’t get into the lobby in time for any “regular” prices. bots buy those tickets up and just kill the market with resale prices.

Deleted the text with my access code like an idiot. hopefully the secondary market cools off after New Years.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It'll be a couple years before the Kraken escape being "instagram cool" in Seattle. People are going to pay huge prices just to look cool on social media. Once that's over, unless the team is great, I'm sure prices will drop, at least in the cheaper seats. You can't sustain high priced nose bleeds without success.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
holy cow. tried to sign up and got the access code. I’m going to be in town for a game in November but those prices are crazy. I didn’t get into the lobby in time for any “regular” prices. bots buy those tickets up and just kill the market with resale prices.

Deleted the text with my access code like an idiot. hopefully the secondary market cools off after New Years.

The verfied fans thing was suppose to prevent bots though.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I didn't get a code cause i got stuck in a wait list. So only god know when i'll be going to a game. Sigh waited half my life just to god bloody wait even longer....

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The verfied fans thing was suppose to prevent bots though.
I hear you. I just don’t know how well it does from actually keeping people who just plan on re selling tickets from getting them. Preds have had issues with resells. they started to limit the amount of tickets even STHs can resell.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I didn't get a code cause i got stuck in a wait list. So only god know when i'll be going to a game. Sigh waited half my life just to god bloody wait even longer....
I went to 2 Vegas games their inaugural year. First home game is going to be crazy high. Weekends were insane but depending on the opponent, i suspect ticket prices for weekday kraken games can approach the “reasonable” territory.

I went and watched Vegas against Edmonton on a Thursday I believe. I paid roughly $430 with fees/taxes for a pair of nosebleeds.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I hear you. I just don’t know how well it does from actually keeping people who just plan on re selling tickets from getting them. Preds have had issues with resells. they started to limit the amount of tickets even STHs can resell.

Its suppose to prevent people using bots to buy all of them just to turn profit by reselling them.

People should only be legally allowed to up charge the up to a certain % of standard price not price groug people for profit.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Its suppose to prevent people using bots to buy all of them just to turn profit by reselling them.
i get that. i don’t believe it works 100%. there is too much money to be made from reselling tickets in hot sports markets.

sneakers industry knows all about it. look no further than people price gouging the new Xbox and ps5s. If there is profit to be made, hackers/bots/lowlifes/whatever you want to call them will find a way to exploit the system.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
i get that. i don’t believe it works 100%. there is too much money to be made from reselling tickets in hot sports markets.

sneakers industry knows all about it. look no further than people price gouging the new Xbox and ps5s. If there is profit to be made, hackers/bots/lowlifes/whatever you want to call them will find a way to exploit the system.

Its should be god damn illegal.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Its should be god damn illegal.
Ticketmaster could put a stop to it if they really wanted to.

It’s a shame too. I feel the worst for the “diehard” fans. they are the ones that get screwed.

huge bummer because I love the concept and jerseys. I’ve put off visiting Seattle for 2 years just to be able to see a weekday game. I’ll probably end up having to wait another year.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Ticketmaster could put a stop to it if they really wanted to.

It’s a shame too. I feel the worst for the “diehard” fans. they are the ones that get screwed.

huge bummer because I love the concept and jerseys. I’ve put off visiting Seattle for 2 years just to be able to see a weekday game. I’ll probably end up having to wait another year.

na it'll require regulation that says you can't resale tickets for a certain % of standard price...

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
It'll be a couple years before the Kraken escape being "instagram cool" in Seattle. People are going to pay huge prices just to look cool on social media. Once that's over, unless the team is great, I'm sure prices will drop, at least in the cheaper seats. You can't sustain high priced nose bleeds without success.

I think they'll drop a little but I think you'll get a lot of interest from Canadian visitors wanting to check it out being so close to the border and lots of tech firms around the South Lake Union area snapping up tickets to impress clients keeping the prices high. If they are remotely good forget it. Seattle loves a winner to latch on to.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
not everyone can afford to pay an arm and leg to go to games so make it only those that can afford it cna go to game... its stupid. Not everyone is rich.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Prices were too expensive to justify going
I was looking at MNWild Oct. 28 game — secured two tickets in my cart — saw the $690 price tag after fees and all.

Closed out the window.

700$ for ONE game (tickets, parking, food)???? Nah man.

I would've flown in too. So i'd have to add airbnb + plane tickets + car + food for the rest of the stay.

Cant do it.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I was looking at MNWild Oct. 28 game — secured two tickets in my cart — saw the $690 price tag after fees and all.

Closed out the window.

700$ for ONE game (tickets, parking, food)???? Nah man.

I would've flown in too. So i'd have to add airbnb + plane tickets + car + food for the rest of the stay.

Cant do it.

Reseller prices are just ridicilous.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I got an email from the Kraken today:

Your Seattle Kraken Automatic Payment Was Unsuccessful
Your recent Seattle Kraken season ticket membership payment attempt was unsuccessful. Please check to confirm the credit card on your account is active and has the correct billing address and expiration date. To update the method of payment for your automatic payments, sign in to your Kraken Account Manager, contact your dedicated Membership Representative, or call/text us at 844-645-PUCK.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I didn't even look at availability or prices, much less attempt to make a payment.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I was headed back from the Oregon coast while this was happening, but from what I've read a large number of folks weren't able to complete their transactions, and had a shitty all-around experience trying to get tickets.

Will try to get in a game or two probably after February, can't wait to see what it costs then. :/

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Remember the days when you could just buy a ticket by just buying it. And the price you paid didn't include a dozen s**t additions.

The glory days dude, the glory days. You could *GASP* walk up to the window without a ticket an hour before a game and buy one... and barely have to wait in line. Sports teams weren't trying to create artificial scarcity, they were trying to put as many bodies as possible in the stadium/arena. Those days are LONG gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad